Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PMSC Members?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PMSC Members?

I was considering joining pmsc as well. i even grabbed a flyer to show the SO at braverman firearms the other day. while checking out their website, it seems that their fees have gone up. is it really $100 just for initiation? i thought it was $110 all inclusive before. how do the indoor ranges work? is there a separate charge in addition to membership? do you have to book them in advance or wait a long time?
    Last edited by panopticonisi; May 7th, 2012 at 03:37 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I was just informed yesterday that the $100 initiation fee will resume beginning in June 2012. The discounted initiation fee ($40) was supposed to be a temporary thing to entice new membership. We've had a steady influx of new members (about 40-50) every month for at least a year or two. The new monies (I hope) will go towards needed repairs and improvements to the club.

Regardless, PMSC is still the best gun club in the area even at twice the price!

There is a small fee for using the indoor range ($3 for up to 30 min, $5 for 30 min or more). It's fist come, first serve for use of the indoor range. I've never seen it full. The nominal indoor range fee is to supplement the maintenance costs associated specifically with that range.
    Last edited by Hawk; May 7th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: PMSC Members?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I was just informed yesterday that the $100 initiation fee will resume beginning in June 2012. The discounted initiation fee ($40) was supposed to be a temporary thing to entice new membership. We've had a steady influx of new members (about 40-50) every month for at least a year or two. The new monies (I hope) will go towards needed repairs and improvements to the club.

Regardless, PMSC is still the best gun club in the area at twice the price!

There is a small fee for using the indoor range ($3 for up to 30 min, $5 for 30 min or more). It's fist come, first serve for use of the indoor range. I've never seen it full. The nominal indoor range fee is to supplement the maintenance costs associated specifically with that range.
    Yeah even at $100 for the initiation it is well worth it. Members are very friendly and will often invite you to shoot whatever they brought, the facilities are kept up well and you dont have to fear for your life when walking downrange like you do at the game lands.

The only thing I wish would be changed is the no guest rule for the indoor range.

(Allegheny County)

You will be looking at $110 for the first year and $60 a year after.

http://www.pmsconline.com/

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    You will be looking at $110 for the first year and $60 a year after.

http://www.pmsconline.com/
    Not after June 1st. It will be more like $170 for the first year and $60 a year to renew.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Not after June 1st. It will be more like $170 for the first year and $60 a year to renew.
    My friend was going to join in May but I had a family emergency and did not think I could make it. I ended up getting back in time but he made other plans and figured we would just go in June. He is going to be bummed at the price hike.
    Last edited by QuackXP; May 7th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

It is still well worth it. I'm a new member and it's unbelievable the variety of facilities at the club. I was annoyed at first to learn of the additional charge for members to use the indoor range, but after learning how expensive it is to keep an indoor range safe and the air clean I totally get it and would say its worth it.

(Allegheny County)

Still a bargain for what you get.

(Allegheny County)

do all memberships expire in december regardless of when they were purchased? $100 for 7 months is pretty pricey, but if i go in june and apply and can't use it until the july meeting just to renew in december, i'm definitely going to wait for the new year.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by panopticonisi View Post
    do all memberships expire in december regardless of when they were purchased? $100 for 7 months is pretty pricey, but if i go in june and apply and can't use it until the july meeting just to renew in december, i'm definitely going to wait for the new year.

From here: http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=faq

"Your membership is from January to December. If you join mid-year, your membership still expires on and must be renewed before December 31."

"If you join from September to December (August membership is typically closed) you will pay $5 for each month remaining in the year. If you join from January to July, the fee is $60 per year (plus initiation fees). "
    Toujours prêt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast