Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Firearms Auction 12 NOON January 24th

Arrived early to see the inventory and secure a seat. First big firearms auction I ever attended so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Very, very fast - usually 2 or 3 items per minute. I knew the guns would fly off the block but I wasn't prepared for the outrageous bids. Not to mention the front and backloaded premiums. And, yes, the Alderfer people are very nice from the ladies in the snack bar to the auctioneers and floor people. Good excuse to get out of the house for a couple hours and soak it all in.

Cool Re: Firearms Auction 12 NOON January 24th

I been going as long as they've had them. But have dropped off the past few years as the prices just get too carried away. Call it bidder frenzy , but when ya figure in the premium & sales tax (+ paperwork & mandatory gun lock for non-FFLs), gavel price just overshadows real world value far too often.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Default Re: Firearms Auction 12 NOON January 24th

I picked up an M1 Carbine, Inland, in original WW2 configuration, for $550, plus 10% buyers fee (it's 13% if you use a credit card - 10% if you pay with cash). Other fees - $9.

What made the purchase special for me was that the receiver was marked "Bavarian Forestry Police" and then marked to show the carbine had been sold to the Austrian Police (this website has the information I needed to do my research - www.BavarianM1carbines.com). The carbine was imported back to the US in the early '90's.

I'm happy with what I bought, and with how much I spent on it. And the food at their little restaurant is not bad either...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12