Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default The heat is coming.

With summer around the corner, what pocket pistol is a good carry. I was looking at the Kel-tec .32 any others to consider.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by nolanp
    With summer around the corner, what pocket pistol is a good carry. I was looking at the Kel-tec .32 any others to consider.
    I've always heard very good things about the kel-tec's, they're on my list of things to buy eventually.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Luzerne County)

My Glock 23 doesn't seem to mind the heat much... so I just continue to carry it and make sure my t-shirts are one size too big

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lehigh County)

My Kimber will goes with me as usual but will stay in the IWB instead of OWB.

(Carbon County)

Red face

Nolan....Another option of a Rohrbaugh 9m is just kinda pricey at 1K!
    I can buy 3 Keltecs for that price...and the Keltec is so small and lite you may forget its there

However, I'd go with the KelTec P3at....its .380 vs the .32 and not really much bigger...but thats also an advantage being slightly bigger for my guy hands over my wifes.
    I admit to being an anti-tupperware "snob" but the wife was complaining about how heavy her Beretta Tomcat was and insisted on buying the Kel-tec. Part of the decision was she liked the green and black two tone fashion statement

We opted for more power since we thought she could handle it and she can VERY well. At first I was skeptical and was all over the place since its handle is so small. However, after a learning curve of about 50 rounds I fell for it...plastic fantastic...its accurate in part because it can be staged easily like a revolver since its double action only...the sighting is intuitive...and the recoil is less than I expected....and unlike many small pistols the slide does NOT bite you like my Tomcat....and I'm actually shooting smaller groups than with the .32 heavier Tomcat!!

I'm hoping that its reliable long term but at the price its great.

I'm searching myself for a grey and hard chrome as a year round backup I liked it so much!
    I almost forgot...if you buy one and need the handy dandy belt clip..Lock's In Philly Stocks them 215-332-6225
    Last edited by Archiver; April 21st, 2006 at 10:42 AM.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Chester County)

I carry a 38special S and W snub or a colt officers model. These are year round and work fine. Pocket carry.

(Cumberland County)

I never had and issues with carrying a G31 or an SP101 during any weather. My choice of ammo may very a bit but not my guns.

(Philadelphia County)

I had a P3AT for while and recently sold it. No gun I've ever handled carried better for the pocket. I actually think it's TOO small for any kind of belt carry. I prefer a heavier .38 +P bullet to any .380 - the only reason I sold it. Mine was more reliable and accurate than some people would have you believe they are capable of. When I had it, I had no doubts about it going bang or hitting the target if I did my part. It was strictly a caliber thing for me. Great little gun.
    Be Safe,
    Jim

(Northampton County)

NAA .32 . Wanted a .380 but this deal popped up cheap. Also have a Bersa .380 if wearing cargo's or Dockers.

Kevin in Pa
    Last edited by KevininPa; April 30th, 2006 at 12:33 AM.

(Delaware County)

I had a P3AT
    the little bracket that the guide rod goes through fell out while shooting
    experienced several feed jams
    there was lots of peening and wear inside the pistol
    the last straw was the mainspring breaking, could not trust it after that - mainspring is made of small diameter wire and is constantly under tension.

This was all within 250 rounds.

The Kahr PM9 is doing great at 820+ rounds, and is a ton more accurate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast