Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charles Daly AR

(Philadelphia County)

Default Charles Daly AR

Anyone heard of these?

[sarcasm]They must be great for as much as they cost.[/sarcasm]

http://www.charlesdalydefense.com/firearms.html

Default Re: Charles Daly AR

I saw the president of KBI post a thread on ARF about these carbines. I personally would not spend that much on an unproven AR15. I know it's MSRP, but I find the price tags a bit too high for KBI quality.

(Lawrence County)

Too expensive for anything but a full blown match AR.

Lycanaretheyhigh?thrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Philadelphia County)

I thought Charles Daly just slapped their name on other people's products?

(Bucks County)

the prices don't seem all that bad to me since they are MSRP, so knock off 200-300 bucks and you're looking at 800-900. with that said i'd rather buy a bushmaster or DPMS for that kind of money, especially without knowing the quality or actual manufacturer of the CD AR15's.

(Centre County)

With my experience with Charles Daly, I would not recommend them to ANYONE.

Not because their guns are crap(well, mine was, but some of their over&under are pretty nice), but dealing with their warrenty dept is by far the worst experince I've had(and still going on).

I wish they post their president's e-mail adress so I can complain about his friggin warrenty dept!
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Dauphin County)

Hello Members of PFOA,

I have recently begun participating in several internet forums on the subject of our Charles Daly Firearms. While doing a serch on the internet earlier this evening I came across this thread. There are several comments here that concern me greatly and I would like to comment on them.

To start with, I would like to past here a post I recently made on TheHighRoad.org. (You can see the full thread here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=328468

Charles Daly Wants to Hear From You!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello THR!

My name is Michael Kassnar. I am president of K.B.I., Inc., manufacturer, importer and distributor of Charles Daly brand firearms and ammunition.

Over the years, in addition to the Charles Daly brand (acquired by KBI in 1997), we have imported and distributed firearms from many manufacturers and sold under several different brand names, including FEG, FIAS, Sabatti, Churchill, Baikal, Liberty, Armscor, Zabala, Uberti, Armi San Marco, PSP, Pietta, etc.

In the past, I have not personally participated very much in internet forums. However, that is about to change.

Today I did a search for "Charles Daly" on THR, and frankly, I am somewhat dismayed over many of the negative comments made concerning our customer service. While many of you are happy with your KBI/Charles Daly firearm, apparently many of you are not.

For several years, actually since September of 2001, we have had a "Lifetime Repair Policy" on Charles Daly firearms. I believe that we are the only firearms company in the US that pays freight in both directions on repairs. That is, all you have to do is call us, email us or fax us, and we will contact you and then issue a FedEx call tag to pick up your firearm on our dime.

While it is true that you cannot make everyone happy all the time, I had instructed my service department many years ago to bend over backwards to make our consumers happy. It appears that we are doing something wrong in that department, judging by the number of negative comments that I read here.

Rather than respond to each thread one by one, I would like those of you that have had a negative experience with Daly to post in this thread. Over the next few weeks I will attempt to address each issue that is raised here.

I am willing to correspond with each and every one of you that has received sub-par service from my company. That is inexcusable. Several months ago I had to lay off our Service Department Manager who had been working with me for 21 years. Our new manager, Brad, has strict instructions to handle all service calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.

We pride ourselves on the quality/value of the guns we sell. Occassionally a lemon gets out there, but that happens with all companies. What should not happen is your displeasure with our service department. It is my intention to make sure that we have consumers that are pleased with our products and with our after-sales service.

This may be an unorthodox way of approaching this, but I want to get to the bottom of your complaints and make sure that in the future, you will only have good things to say about our firearms and our Customer Service.

Please do not hold back. I have a pretty thick skin after more than 30 years in this business. With your feedback, I promise you that we will have a Customer Service Department that we can be proud of again.

Sincerely,

Since there are several here that have been disappointed with our firearms or our after-sales service, I ask you to let me know what happened and if you were not satisfied, give me another chance to straighten things out.

As the comments in this thread on PFOA concern our new division, Charles Daly Defense, I would like to comment on them.

I have been actively participating on ar15.com and m4carbine.net. We approached ar15.com asking for some feedback before we finailized the configurations on our new AR builds. This thread on arfcom, which now has over 25,000 views, can be seen here: http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=348155.

Another thread on m4carbine.net can be viewed here: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=10360.

A comparison of MSRP vs. Real World Pricing is in both of the above threads but I'll repeat it here so you don't have to search all over for it.

Model......MSRP........"Real World"
    D-M4..........1,119........899 to 929
    D-M4LE.......1,169........939 to 959
    D-M4S........1,079.........869 to 889
    D-M4LX.......1,619........1,299 to 1,329
    DR-15.........1,089........879 to 899
    DV-24.........1,319........1,059 ro 1,079

If you visit our new CD Defense website (http://www.charlesdalydefense.com and read all of our standard features that others charge extra for, you will see that we are competively priced. Also, these rifles are built 100% in the US and the quality is excellent.

I will go so far as to say that our AR's are better than BM, with many more desireable features as standard, for less money. However, you don't have to take my word for it. Look at our site, then wait a few weeks while several of our guns are out for T&E with many respected names in the business.

I am serious about improving our Customer Service.

Mity2: here is my email address: mbkassnar@kbi-inc.com.

If anyone wishes to post here, PM or email me, I will be happy to look into any issues you may have. Just bear with us for a few more days as our entire staff is in Las Vegas now at the 2008 SHOT Show.

I look forward to participating here at PFOA. We really should have found this site some time ago. We are based in Harrisburg, our beautiful capitol city.

Sincerely,
    Michael
    Michael Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc.

Manufacturers, Importers and Distributors of Charles Daly and other fine firearms.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    With my experience with Charles Daly, I would not recommend them to ANYONE.

Not because their guns are crap(well, mine was, but some of their over&under are pretty nice), but dealing with their warrenty dept is by far the worst experince I've had(and still going on).

I wish they post their president's e-mail adress so I can complain about his friggin warrenty dept!
    Wow! Mity, You got telekinetic powers or something? Can you wish for me to hit the Lotto? I'll buy you any gun you want if I win!!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Wow! Mity, You got telekinetic powers or something? Can you wish for me to hit the Lotto? I'll buy you any gun you want if I win!!
    I wish!

I tell you tho, its cool that president of KBI gets on here and post his e-mail adress, so that I can talk to him about my experience with CD warrenty dept.
    Since CD does not currently accept e-mails...

Mr. Kassnar, I really do appriciate that you became part of our little community as member, and opened up other ways to contact Charles Daly.
    I have dispatched you e-mail explaining whats going on.

Judging by your posts from several other forums, it seems that the you really are working hard to improve your wervice dept.
    As someone who wants to support a firearm company that is local to us, I wish you a best of luck!

I understand that this is rifle forum, but I would like to take this opportunity to ask quick question.
    Can you explain exact origin of your HP pistol?
    I have heard anywhere from entirely FEG manufactured to MRI made frame with FEG internal, assembled in USA. to entirely imported parts thats just assembled in USA.
    But noone seems to know for sure.
    Last edited by Mity2; February 5th, 2008 at 01:36 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Lawrence County)

Interesting. I have an old Kassnar .22 that looks like an AR15. Bought it off the shelf years ago and it has always doubled and tripled. The safety also does not work.

Not too happy with that and corresponded with several people at Kassnar without any help at all.

Lycannotholdingmybreaththrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast