Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: all the years living here and i never.....

only time ive seen anyone OC is at our meet and greets.
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

What makes you think people talk a lot of shit an don't really OC? OK I'll play,lets look at it like this:
    A handgun can be pretty small, and some in holsters might be mistaken for cell phones. And the strong side might be away from you so that in itself is at least 50% chance it wont't be seen. Plus do YOU personnally run around and constantly search out every single person for signs of firearms? No? So probably unless the person is rolling in an old west drop leg rig in tooled leather and silver cobochons with a nickle plated Colt .45 and silver plated bullets in the loops,walking up the center of the street at high noon wearing a white ten gallon hat, and goatskin chaps, it most likely never gets a second glance.
    I carry a 1911 in a brown leather triple K field holster with a spare mag on the side of the holster. I have only had 10 or so people actually notice and mention it in the 3 years I have been open carrying in Delco, and thats a pretty liberal and populated area. 1 was a Chester Police officer who just said "Nice Pistol". I also have had 8 police officers standing around me after shooting a rabid fox that attacked my dog and nobody said squat about the firearm. I have only had one woman make a negative remark when she saw me while walking the dog and she said "Carrying a gun like that is illegal" I sad "No it isn't, but not cleaning up your dogs shit sure is"
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 13th, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Carbon County)

im glad i got to rattle your cage, theres always someone on the defensive. and yes, i always look to see if someone is carrying. its just the way i am, on the alert at all times. i think i know the difference between a cell phone and a gun. and to educate you, i lived in delco for many many years, probably longer than your alive and have never seen anyone down there either. dont know what your problem is that you always have to defend yourself for OC. i am not against it, but for some reason MOST of you OC people think we are. maybe you should CC, it seems like you have a complex.

(Monroe County)

I OC'ed regularly for 3 years. Been everywhere around the county, only had a handful of negative encounters and the cops called on me just once. I believe I've only ever seen one other person OC'ing, it was in east stroudsburg, on north courtland street, he was heading into the movie theater with a female as I was driving by. Posted about that on here and never heard from anyone claiming it was them.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I OC'ed regularly for 3 years. Been everywhere around the county, only had a handful of negative encounters and the cops called on me just once. I believe I've only ever seen one other person OC'ing, it was in east stroudsburg, on north courtland street, he was heading into the movie theater with a female as I was driving by. Posted about that on here and never heard from anyone claiming it was them.
    around my way, most of the guys are rifle and shotgun people. i see guns in the back windows, but never on the hip. hunters, not real big handgunners

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    around my way, most of the guys are rifle and shotgun people. i see guns in the back windows, but never on the hip. hunters, not real big handgunners
    i need a truck, none of my guns fit in the trunk of the neon.
    unless i take them out of cases.
    i really want a truck
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

(Carbon County)

you can ride in mine and pretend its yours

Cool Re: all the years living here and i never.....

im glad i got to rattle your cage, theres always someone on the defensive. and yes, i always look to see if someone is carrying. its just the way i am, on the alert at all times. i think i know the difference between a cell phone and a gun. and to educate you, i lived in delco for many many years, probably longer than your alive and have never seen anyone down there either. dont know what your problem is that you always have to defend yourself for OC. i am not against it, but for some reason MOST of you OC people think we are. maybe you should CC, it seems like you have a complex.
    Sorry, you didn't rattle my cage there chief. I think you could use some education on the use of capital letters.
    Whats with the attacks? Relax, its just an exercise in logic.
    Besides You started off saying that OC people talk shit and don't really practice it.
    Sure... your always in condition red.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 13th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Carbon County)

if you read my post it says, UNLESS MOST PEOPLE TALK SHIT..meaning people in general, not OC people, and i am not attacking anyone. i am just TALKING SHIT...not a big deal

(York County)

...i am just TALKING SHIT...

LOL... that's sig-worthy right there!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast