Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Lefty Pocket 9mm

So I'm waiting on my Arizona permit and I've started looking for a good pocket 9mm (want to keep same ammo for my guns). I thought I had decided on the LC9, the gun looks great and I haven't read many issues with them but I guess I assumed it would have mag release on the right for a lefty (not many reviews actually mention it not having one for left handed users). So that's my issue, I know I can use my index finger to release the mag if needed, but because of the smaller size of the gun I'm not sure how comfortable that would be. I looked at the CM9 (same issue), the PF9 I'm worried about the smallness of the trigger guard. Kimber solo would be the perfect gun if not for the price. I'm on the fence on the Beretta Nano, I really dont like the look (but I haven't seen it in person yet). Wondering if anyone can suggest any other pocket 9mm. As a side not, I have an SR9c at home that I plan on CCing but it feels a bit large IWB.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Lefty Pocket 9mm

I work with a guy who has an lc9, I am the lefty. The gun should not be a problem for you, the way I think about it if I can't stop the guy and empty a clip, I'm in trouble anyway. I have read some discussions on the matter, for a c/c you won't need to worry too much. The release should be fine, doesnt really get in the way.The gun is comfortable also, I own a kel tec p3at FYI.

(Cumberland County)

I have the Kahr CM9....It is small and lightweight. You have to break it in as per their recommendation. 250-300 round break-in period. But it is accurate as hell, the trigger is fantastic for a DA trigger and when i put it in my crossbreed mini-tuck it is virtually invisible. The Kimber is very expensive but nice. I agree the Beretta Nano is ugly...i looked at one at a gun show and it just looks awful. I had a Ruger LCP as a carry gun, but I too wanted to buy something to only have to use one caliber, I have a Glock 19 as well. I never held a LC9, but I just didnt want anything with an external safety. Good luck in your search.

(Franklin County)

I just read on another forum that SIG is introducing a single action pocket nine at the Shot Show. It is 'barely' bigger than the P238, so its basically a 9mm Colt Mustang, or perhaps the Pony . Supposedly has an ambi thumb safety. Might be worth the wait.

(Monroe County)

Simplest (and possibly most expensive) option would Be the Rohrbaugh R9

1-Its the smallest 9mm on the market (almost exactly the same as a p3at or lcp)

2- the magazine release is on the bottom of the gun, thus ambidexterous.

Good review on PAFOA
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/101...r-b-u-g-h.html

Pic of one next to an LCP (smaller than lc9)

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    Simplest (and possibly most expensive) option would Be the Rohrbaugh R9

1-Its the smallest 9mm on the market (almost exactly the same as a p3at or lcp)

2- the magazine release is on the bottom of the gun, thus ambidexterous.

Good review on PAFOA
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/101...r-b-u-g-h.html

Pic of one next to an LCP (smaller than lc9)
    Kind of expensive, but hopefully you get what you pay for!

My brother was considering a kel tec PF9 for left hand use.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Delaware County)

I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 (it's the same for the Glock 26 gen 4) and the Gen 4 allows you to move the magazine thumb release to the right side of the grip. It's a bit tricky to get the spring out and back in, but doable. The Gen 4 mags have indentations on both sides to accommodate the left-thumb release. Do note that the rack release button is not switchable so the gun is not 100% lefty friendly, but it's fine for me.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm not a fan of the looks of the R9 and even if I was, DANG that's expensive.
    My understanding (even hicok45 has mentioned it) the PF9's small trigger guard can actually pinch you when resetting the trigger (not really looking forward to that).
    Hopefully the Sig comes out by march as that's my birthday and am planning on it being my personal birthday gift (I can get it past the wife like that).

The LCP is nice and it may end up being my wife's carry later on but personally I would rather mine be a 9mm.

I know there's a lot of people who like their Glock 26 but I'm not a fan of glock. Just can't stand the looks of it (and yes I know looks don't matter when it comes to safety.)

Maybe when the time comes I can fork over some extra money for the Solo, but as of right now, I'm gonna have to lean towards the LC9 unless I find something that truly fits in the same price range as the LC9.

(Franklin County)

Taurus PT709 Slim fits your bill size-wise and the mag release is reversible.
    However, it has a manual safety, which is unfortunately not reversible.

You could leave the safety always off though.

I've been carrying one for quite a bit lately, 800 rounds shot thus far just to get a taste, no reliability issues, and pretty decent accuracy.

i had a Pf9 im a lefty i liked it a lot no FTF/FTE from it ever...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast