Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Used, Minor Wear...

is how this pistol is listed:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/972183840...mer_1980s.htm#

Bluing scoured away to get rid of the rust, scratches, etc. The write up says they consider them "Good", and later, "collectable and attractive FEG Hungarian made Hi-Power clone" which to me at least was good for a chuckle... Others listed the same condition are as bad or worse like these gems:

All of these FEGs are listed between $319-$329 ( IMO). Yeah, I know price is what it is worth to you, descriptions are meaningless, and I don't have to buy them; just the same, is there any way you would consider and rate these pistols as "minor wear" (maybe on the inside), or remotely in "good" condition especially for the price? I have no experience with this seller, and perhaps they are great sellers; I simply wonder by how these pistols are described, how they would describe/handle a mechanical issue, etc? I'd like to give them a try at some point, but don't want the hassle of dealing with a poor seller... How has your experience been dealing with Robertson Trading Post? (CS, integrity, shipping speed, made something wrong right, etc)

Thanks.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Used, Minor Wear...

I'm certainly not a pro but those guns look like they were salvaged out of the dump....
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Northampton County)

I have dealt with Robertsons Trading On a number of occasions ,they are good people to deal with. They provide a lot of photos so that you can judge condition accurately for yourself. The most important photo to look at is the one of the barrel and rifling. Granted I would not be buying a used Hi-power clone for those prices, but I have gotten some exceptional shooters from them buy carefully studyng the photos they provide. I bought two of the worst looking CZ 75 pistols you could possibly find and ended up with 2 pistols that shot groups as nice as my $1450 CZ custom shop pistol for $289.00 dollars a piece. Now they did need refinishing on the exterior surfaces . Their photos show you what you are getting. The Feg needs refinishing for sure but that does not mean it won shoot well. With that said I can tell you that Fegs don't have as nice a trigger pull as the real hi-power. Buy one of their used CZ's or sigs and you will be happy with your purchase. I have other fegs pistols in my collection But i am not a fan of their hi-power clone.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Chester County)

Dude, you've got it all wrong. That is what high end gunsmiths refer to as a Halfasscus finish. It's a very hard skill to master, making fine-tuned pieces of art like that look like a poorly made gun that's been brillo padded. In fact at that low low price I'd assume they're fakes.

(Lackawanna County)

I can remember buying one of these FEG hipower knockoffs a couple years after the wall came down and I think they were around $180-$200 brand new....I wouldnt give them more then $50 for that weapon!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Dude, you've got it all wrong. That is what high end gunsmiths refer to as a Halfasscus finish. It's a very hard skill to master, making fine-tuned pieces of art like that look like a poorly made gun that's been brillo padded. In fact at that low low price I'd assume they're fakes.
    Good call, or perhaps even rust "rostmascus"... I'd still take it over new Rainbow or Deck-plate finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have dealt with Robertsons Trading On a number of occasions ,they are good people to deal with. They provide a lot of photos so that you can judge condition accurately for yourself. The most important photo to look at is the one of the barrel and rifling. Granted I would not be buying a used Hi-power clone for those prices, but I have gotten some exceptional shooters from them buy carefully studyng the photos they provide. I bought two of the worst looking CZ 75 pistols you could possibly find and ended up with 2 pistols that shot groups as nice as my $1450 CZ custom shop pistol for $289.00 dollars a piece. Now they did need refinishing on the exterior surfaces . Their photos show you what you are getting. The Feg needs refinishing for sure but that does not mean it won shoot well. With that said I can tell you that Fegs don't have as nice a trigger pull as the real hi-power. Buy one of their used CZ's or sigs and you will be happy with your purchase. I have other fegs pistols in my collection But i am not a fan of their hi-power clone.
    I have a feeling they will be sitting on theses for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG time; not that long ago these model FEG's were not a lot more NIB on a not so good deal (Remember CD HP-9's for $329 NIB w/big Dot sights?), and on the same site there are the same guns in as new condition for $339 including shipping, not to mention the CZ75's and Beretta 92's they are selling are a million times nicer in condition for nearly the same price??? Now put a "2" in front, and we may have a deal.

Guess CZ82's are drying up going by their prices; $259 w/one mag... Glad I got mine when they were a whole lot less for similar condition w/2 mags, brand new P225 leather holster, etc. Glad it seems they are good people to deal with, and if and when they have what I want and seems fairly priced to condition, I'll throw some $$$$$ their way.

(Northampton County)

Cz 82 can still be had for less than $259.00, however with that said Robertsons trading's CZ -82's look better than the cheaper ones that people have been bringing in for me to refinish. Look I think we can all agree the price on that feg is too high and it has no finish, but that does not mean it is not in decent functioning condition. A lot of time they post stuff like this and it sits for a long time, then they drop the price and it sells. It's not going to sell to guys like us ,we all think it looks pretty bad. If you carefully study the photos they post you can usually judge barrel and frame rail condition and decide on how to proceed-buy or not to buy. They don't doctor their photos up, it is what it is ,they have 80 pages on average on guns america carefully examine the photos and buy based on what you like and if the price is agreeable to you. When I get a used firearm from them or anybody else I carefully inspect it ,disassemble it and inspect again , reassemble and head right to the range and shoot it, safety check it and accuracy check the firearm. If its good then its either getting refinished or if in in very nice condition goes right up for sale or in my collection. I buy a lot of new and used but in the last several years I have picked up 6 or 7 crappy looking used pistols that were fantastic shooters for ridiculous prices becuase of their looks. If I get one that I am not happy with I send it back bottom line.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Mercer County)

My CZ82 comment was tongue in cheek; I can get all the 82's I want on my license from SOG for $179 with two mags, singles with two mags for $189... It's just a matter of time until they really dry up, and $$$ goes up. Still one of best bargains out there IMO for a very high quality, hi-cap pistol, and if you reload like I do for it, performance can be boosted A LOT over a lot of factory ammo.

I'm fully aware of how to examine a firearm as best I can from clear, genuine pictures, and credit them for doing this by not using blurry, one size fits all photo's in most cases. Nothing wrong with beat-up guns if priced accordingly, as they can be as accurate and reliable as any, and as I say, if they drop these FEG's by a lot, it might make things a lot more interesting.

(Carbon County)

thing looks like its bent down, maybe the guy thought it shot high so he heated it up, stuck it in a press and bent it down. i wouldnt wipe my ass with that thing.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    thing looks like its bent down, maybe the guy thought it shot high so he heated it up, stuck it in a press and bent it down. i wouldnt wipe my ass with that thing.
    Those are at least two different guns, the guys photo skills suck and he needs a better camera or needs to learn how to use zoom/macro/angles of view and a tripod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast