Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County LTCF renewal times

Good day,

Well, my LTCF is about to expire (I can't believe it's been 5 years), any idea how long things are taking for a renewal (or even a new) application these days?

If I remember back in 2007, it was taking about 21 days to process, I'm hoping it's improved since then.

Chris

Just another gun-toting liberal

"According to the General Social Science Survey, about 30% of people who describe themselves as Liberal own a handgun. That works out to about 8 million gun toting Liberals, and doesn't even include moderates or long-gun owning Liberals."

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County LTCF renewal times

My wife renewed her LTCF at Allegheny County last month. She mailed in the form (with copies of her IDs and out of state CCW permit) and received the yellow approval card 5 days later.

Finally had a chance to go downtown Monday, in & out in less than 10 mins.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I've lived in Pittsburgh for 10 years and am not particularly impressed with the speed anythings done in the city. More to the point, I've lived in Westmoreland, where I grew up then moved to Fayette. I had a concealed carry license in both counties then moved to Pittsburgh and went through the process here in Allegheny County. I'm going through the renewal process again and am waiting for the approval card with less than a week to go before my currant concealed carry license expires. Nearly two months ago I happened to check the sheriffs website and found that they were supposed to send me a renewal notice (covered in PA Crimes Code Sec.6109) and sparing y'all most of the gory details will say I had to call the sheriffs office to remind them to send me the reminder. I filled it out, sent it back and am now waiting for them to send me the approval. I contacted my state rep concerning this and other issues and his staff sent me a letter stating in part: "The holder should begin the renewal process at least six (6) months prior to expiration since it takes approximately 45 days for the Sherriff to do the background check." Now keep in mind this is a renewal, I'm not a new applicant. the sheriffs website advertises "Applicants can only renew up to 60 days before their expiration date." One thing I noted in PA Title 18, Sec.6109 is that there doesn't appear to be any sanctions in place if the Sheriffs office doesn't send the renewal notice in a timely manner or at all. So, I wait till a politicians staffers sort through their paperwork and hope my Concealed Carry License doesn't expire before I get the new one.

(Allegheny County)

Be aware that the office is no longer open on Saturday.....you'll have to pick up your LTCF on a weekday......
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

I'm aware I have to go on a weekday. There've been a few snafu's one of which is that when I received the yellow approval card via 'snail mail' this past Saturday, 2-11, the correct last name is on the card but the first name is incorrect. I'm going to call the Sheriffs office this morning (Monday)and ask if this is going to be another issue or if I can pick up my concealed carry license today. I'll keep ya'll posted.