Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default RIA 1911 Tac. or Browning Hi-Power from Sarco

I'm taking a ride over to Sarco on Thursday or Saturday to get a pistol. I've looked at both the RIA they have and have seen in their ad the Hi-Powers. Both are excellent I'm certain but I'm just not sure what to get. I would love to have a .45, particularly a 1911 and have thought about it for quite awhile. The RIA Tactical seems to be a great buy for the money. That being said, I'm a fan of the 9mm and a firm believer that the caliber is sufficent for carry and home defense. I have a Sig P6 at the moment and it's a great pistol. It would be nice to not have to worry about two different caliber too being on a tight budget like most people these days. And seriously, a real Hi-Power for under $500? I wonder how rough the ones Sarco has are though. Obviously I'm going to take a good close look at everything but I was wondering if anyone has actually seen one from there. I am sure either would be an excellent buy but I'm not sure what would be best. Either choice is a winner of course being the children of JMB.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: RIA 1911 Tac. or Browning Hi-Power from Sarco

Well if you want a 1911 style pistol but want 9mm get the rock island in 9mm - good buy for the money. I like hi-powers but and have one but I don't like the trigger pull out of the box. Brian/ EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor