Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Holsters: Why do you like yours?

I have an IMI Compact Baby Eagle in 9mm, polymer. Shoots great, perfect size. However, I cannot seem to find a holster that actually works. I have a great tac model, black nylon, clip case, etc., but the belt clip is so low, the weapon wants to "fall over" away from my body. (Too bulky for a inside-pants-carry.) Tried some paddle styles, no luck.

Advice? (Thanks!)
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Holsters: Why do you like yours?

If you're looking for shirt tuck-able concealment I recommend the Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster. I have several for my guns, I'm a t-shirt and jeans guys, works great for me.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech...er-pr-821.html

(Pike County)

I'm old school. I like leather holsters. Simply Ruuged and Side Guard are two nice ones if you like leather.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    If you're looking for shirt tuck-able concealment I recommend the Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster. I have several for my guns, I'm a t-shirt and jeans guys, works great for me.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech...er-pr-821.html

@soberbyker - Is the Blade-Tech holder an open muzzle design? I'm only asking because I have the nano (IWB) and mine collects a lot of lint.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    @soberbyker - Is the Blade-Tech holder an open muzzle design? I'm only asking because I have the nano (IWB) and mine collects a lot of lint.
    Yes, but lint still collects within the holster itself.

(Montgomery County)

Holsters. Depends on the gun.

I generally don't carry IWB, but when I do it's with my Glock 19 & my DeSantes Pro Stealth. Neither ( or my GF who has carried my Glock 19 in the past have had any problems with the DeSantes Pro Stealth. Working together with a good gun belt it holds the firearm securely and comfortably. I've never had the firearm fall out of or move around the DeSantes Pro Stealth. She carries her Ruger LC9 in a Fobus IWB holster she bought with the firearm. She is not as happy with the Fobus IWB holster as she is, or I am with my DeSantes Pro Stealth. The Fobus IWB holster's clip is very visible on the outside of the clothes worn over it and the holster is not at all comfortable for her to wear.

OWB I carry my Glock 19 in my DeSantes Speed Scabbard or my Taurus 689 (Go ahead. Make my day.) in my Oxblood Simply Rugged Pancake holster. The DeSantes Speed Scabbard is, in my limited experience, a supreme holster. While it doesn't sport any fancy retention buttons, switches or knobs, it does include a very effective retention system comprised of a tension screw & a forward cant. It isn't an impenetrable barrier, no holster is, but I feel very confident in it, and my ability to retain control of my firearm while wearing this holster even in crowded areas. The firearm cannot be removed from behind and requires significant leverage, which only the wearer has, in order to remove it quickly with a forward and upward pull. I've never met anyone who has been able to unholster my firearm while I was wearing my DeSantes Speed Scabbard.

(Jefferson County)

I prefer the leather outside waistband holster that require a belt, like the Galco Fletch and Bianchi Shadow II series. They are stiff enough to support the guns, and have a thumb break retention. Expensive, but quality made.

I also like the cowboy drop rigs for my single action guns too.

When I'm fishing or kayaking, I hate to say this, but I prefer the cheapo Uncle Mikes nylon/cordora holsters. You can get them wet and they wont rot away. Just take the gun out and dry'm with a hair dryer as much as you can, then let them sit. The snaps on them are usually super tough, so you are less likely to lose the gun from lack of retention should you take a spill.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee60 View Post
    IHowever, I cannot seem to find a holster that actually works. I have a great tac model, black nylon, clip case, etc., but the belt clip is so low, the weapon wants to "fall over" away from my body. (Too bulky for a inside-pants-carry.) Tried some paddle styles, no luck.

Advice? (Thanks!)
    What brand/model of holster is this? A general rule of thumb is that any holster made out of nylon is complete garbage. If you had a legitimate holster you would find your baby eagle would present no issues when carrying inside the waist band. I've carried my Glock 22( full size 40s&w) and my Springfield Armory XDm 9 (full size 4.5" barrel) iwb with quality holsters and it was comfortable as hell, concealed well, and never had any issues with my gun wanting to "fall over". Thats because I had quality holsters, not nylon garbage. Both of those guns are much bigger than your baby eagle.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Chester County)

If paddle holsters were also rolling away from your body, I think that has more to do with having a decent gun belt than anything. Having a decent gun belt make a huge difference from a comfort/quality of life perspective. It will keep the gun where you put it, and distribute the weight so you don't have one sagged area.

(Montgomery County)

I have two favorite holsters for either my Glock 27 or Sig P229. The first is my OWB holster. This is a Blackhawk Serpa with the push button retention button. My IWB holster for both guns is a Whitehat holster. This is the same as a Crossbreed Supertuck with the added benefit of interchangeable kydex.

As many of us here probably have, I have a box full of holsters by different makes and carry locations. However, the two I had mentioned are the only ones I currently use because they are both comfortable, and they both work.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast