Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Bankruptcy Meeting

In February I will be accompanying a friend to the Bourse Bldg in Philly for his meeting with the Trustee.

I don't know the layout of the office so I don't know if i'll have to wait "in the hallway" or a waiting area within the office suite itself.

I know the Bourse Bldg itself is ok...but i just wanted to make sure the Trustee's office isn't considered "court" property?

(Centre County)

Default Re: Bankruptcy Meeting

The last time I was there I recall seeing a number of offices with emblems for various Federal government agencies, which means the building might fall under the definition of "federal facility" if federal employees work there regularly. Of course, it has been some time, I wasn't specifically looking for them, and i may simply be mistaken. I'm having trouble locating any kind of directory for the place online. Regardless, I suggest being careful as the Mexican Consulate is in the building as well.

On a lighter note, pick up a cheesesteak from Grande Olde Cheesesteak in the food court. You won't be disappointed.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

(Montgomery County)

I was there about a year ago for my own trustee's hearing. Yes, there are some Federal Offices but there are more shops, food joints and regular offices than fed (I believe). The Trustee's Meeting Room is in the basement, near the Mexican Consulate as mentioned above (funny story about that) and there is a large seating area and some stores down there. There IS a waiting room where the applicants sit and wait, and resembles the DMV waiting area, but I don't remember if it is classified "Federal" or not. I know they USED to be held in the Federal Building closer to City Hall, near the postal building. You may be best served just waiting outside the Conference Room.

http://www.bourse-pa.com

According to the site, it is more shops/food than anything.
    Last edited by sxHarr05; January 9th, 2012 at 01:31 AM.
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

My experiences in the Philadelphia governmental and quasi-governmental system taught me this:

First, try to avoid going into an official building. This is tricky, because some of them look just like department stores.

Second, if you can't avoid, then leave the guns and knives and pepper spray and other weapons in the car. You often have to park quite a distance from your destination (allowing for both horizontal and vertical travel), and the odds that there will be an unexpected metal detector at an entrance to a building or floor that includes both "court" and "non-court" facilities are higher than the odds that you'll need to shoot anyone.

They are supposed to provide lock boxes, but we all know how well that works. They will probably not allow you to check in anything other than a gun even if they have the boxes, so your knife or club or whatever else you carry must either be surrendered permanently, or else you have to trek back to wherever you left your car. If you came by train or bus, you're just screwed.

Also be advised that for most people, local Philly ordinances prohibit the carry of any knife at all, so they might confiscate that. For the gun, they'd probably just call you "junior", bring in SWAT, and slam you to the floor or wall a few times.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Just a follow up.

Based on the posts here, I left it in the truck. Since I drove I parked in the underground lot that I have been using for the last 15 yrs.

Turned out it was good that i left it behind...because the elevator out of this parking lot puts your right INTO the Constitution Center! There used to be stairs that brought you to the street...but I guess they eliminated those when they built the Con Center.

The Bourse itself seems like it would have been ok. Since I wasn't carrying I forgot to check for signs in the Trustees waiting room. The Mexican Consulate is on the 3rd Floor with the building entrance being the 2nd floor.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; February 23rd, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Just a follow up.

Based on the posts here, I left it in the truck. Since I drove I parked in the underground lot that I have been using for the last 15 yrs.

Turned out it was good that i left it behind...because the elevator out of this parking lot puts your right INTO the Constitution Center! There used to be stairs that brought you to the street...but I guess they eliminated those when they built the Con Center.

The Bourse itself seems like it would have been ok. Since I wasn't carrying I forgot to check for signs in the Trustees waiting room. The Mexican Consulate is on the 3rd Floor with the building entrance being the 2nd floor.

So what's the Constitution Center?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigsauer357 View Post
    So what's the Constitution Center?
    http://constitutioncenter.org/. Among other displays it is the Ticket Counter/Visitors Center for Independance National Park...which has a Park Ranger stationed in it.

Funny, I worked for a Federal Agency that rented the 2nd and 3rd Floor's of the Bourse Building. First and only office job I ever had. HATED IT! It was cool and all. Nice Federal Credentials to flash around, office, phone, support staff, attorney's to review cases blah blah blah...it sucked big hairy balls!

Anyway, I communted into the city by train, from Harrisburg... I got to know the city and enjoyed it tremendously but to this day, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to live in a City. Couple years ago I moved into a town of about 5 thousand and I couldn't sleep. Car noise, sirens, people...back to the swamp I went.

I carried in the Bourse building every day I went to work. The GSA Police handled stuff that they were needed for.

CL

(Montgomery County)

Just a follow up.

They must've moved the consulate. When I was there a year ago it was in the corner to the right of the stairs (escalator?).
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    My experiences in the Philadelphia governmental and quasi-governmental system taught me this:

First, try to avoid going into an official building. This is tricky, because some of them look just like department stores.

Second, if you can't avoid, then leave the guns and knives and pepper spray and other weapons in the car. You often have to park quite a distance from your destination (allowing for both horizontal and vertical travel), and the odds that there will be an unexpected metal detector at an entrance to a building or floor that includes both "court" and "non-court" facilities are higher than the odds that you'll need to shoot anyone.

They are supposed to provide lock boxes, but we all know how well that works. They will probably not allow you to check in anything other than a gun even if they have the boxes, so your knife or club or whatever else you carry must either be surrendered permanently, or else you have to trek back to wherever you left your car. If you came by train or bus, you're just screwed.

Also be advised that for most people, local Philly ordinances prohibit the carry of any knife at all, so they might confiscate that. For the gun, they'd probably just call you "junior", bring in SWAT, and slam you to the floor or wall a few times.
    http://constitutioncenter.org/. Among other displays it is the Ticket Counter/Visitors Center for Independance National Park...which has a Park Ranger stationed in it.
    We need the Legislature to rescue the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and move them to Central PA where some semblance of the historical high ideals they are associated with is still practiced ....

I doubt that there are still areas anywhere where those ideals exist with any semblance of purity, but their present location has so distorted those ideals that they do not deserve to keep these symbols...

SO, SO SAD!!!