Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: this is disturbing

This was plain and simple a racially motivated attack. Those thugs and everyone watching should be charged accordingly. The people watching and filming are as guilty as the attackers.

(Lawrence County)

This is a tricky situation. See, I don't know if I would draw my weapon or not. There are a lot of sympathisers for the "criminal aspect" in this video. Drawing from a safe disance probably would have been behind the crowd (behind the camera) Or on the other side of the action in which case, you'd be drawing your weapon on pretty much everyone there at the scene.

Here at work, we have a policy and the state law that says you're allowed to shoot if the welfare of another person, however like everyone else has been saying here (well, those on topic anyway) I wouldn't trust the system to protect MY rights unless it was an act against ME personally.

As one other poster here stated, sure, I feel for the guy; YES, I would feel like I needed to help the "victim" out and stop the attack, however I'm not going to draw on the "criminals". I would probably shout stop, and if that brought that attack on me, then I would act accordingly by giving the bad guys another hole to breathe through.

I wouldn't shoot.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonutzz View Post
    This attack happened in my town a day or two ago. A friend of mine and I were watching this video and got in the discussion of being a witness and using force to help this individual. I personally see it to be necessary but legally dont see it to be fit. Yet I am not sure with the new extended castle doctrine. I urge discretion in watching the link it is very very disturbing.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...b1o419MWy4PdH5
    This video has my blood boiling. I just hate the fact that people stand around and watch.

I've been going back on forth on what I would do and honestly I'm not entirely sure. What I do know is that I wouldn't stand idly by and just watch. Not sure if I would draw or just attempt to make a presence and be at the ready. I know the latter is risky and could put me in harms way but I would need to help in some way.

I had a similar incident happen to me many years ago and I know that I wouldn't want to see someone else go through the same thing.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Sorry bros. My mindset is that I am not the police. I would not intervene with force. After those two thugs ran, I would begin to render first aid using my EMT skills and certainly dialing 911 during the incident. I carry for pure defensive reasons for my safety and my family's safety only. I feel bad for the person being beat down. I really do. I wish him all the best. However, I am not prepared to spend legal dollars and jeopardize my family's economic and mental well being while I am having to defend myself in a potential criminal investigation and/or civil lawsuit. Eventhough I MAY be protected by the Castle Doctrine or case law, I am not willing to test those waters for a stranger by using lethal force. Remember, I did say I will provide aid by calling 911 and rendering first aid. I will also not hesitate to serve as an eye witness and make statements to LEO as to what I saw.
    So you would let this guy get beat and possibly die without saying a word . You would watch the whole thing go down and hang around to see if the guy is still alive to receive medical attention . Fuck that ! I would not just start shooting. I would say something like " Yo Get the fuck off of him!!! If i am ignored i would draw a weapon and repeat..... at this time i would assume they would scatter and take off. if they turned their attention on me .. my guard dog would start barking and dumping shit . i would want someone to help me if i were being attack while unarmed and would curse those who stand idly by and do nothing.

thats just me though

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567