Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Trijicon Night Sight, How bright should it be??

I just received a Trijicon Night sight (just the front sight) from CZ Custom, for my CZ75 Semi-compact. I have never had night sights before, but when I opened the package I expected it to be brighter.

How bright should they be when brand new? Should I see some glowing in daylight or artificial light. As I sit here in my living room with the lights on, they do not have any glow at all. I can't see a bit of glow when I hold it at arms length. If I turn the lights off and hold it at arms length with just the light from the Christmas tree and the TV on, there is a very dim glow, and if I go into a pitch black room (a powder room with no windows), the glow is a bit brighter, but it doesn't really stand out, and is too small to pick up quickly. It doesn't seem like this is what the reviewers rave about.

Tell me how yours are? Did I get a dead one, or what, or am I expecting too much.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Default Re: Trijicon Night Sight, How bright should it be??

I've had Trijicons on my M&P for about 3 years. In normal or even dim room light the just look like painted white dots. In very dim light the glow is just perceptible. In the dark, when your eyes have adjusted to the darkness they should look pretty bright, easily visible from across the room. But they don't look like LEDs and won't light up the room at night.

(Berks County)

Try the true glow fiber optic with trintum in them. But yes I think you are expecting to much. But anything is better then nothing. They also make pistol rear sight red dots if you are very concerned. Or mount a light on it if it is a "house" pistol

(Monroe County)

Sounds Normal to me, look at them in real Darkness and report back.

Trijicon sights are year coded e.g a sight made in 2009 will have 09 on them written in white, what date is on yours?

I have trijicons on my FNP .40 made in 07 and they are as bright as when i just got them , Trijicons will last 10-12 years.

(Allegheny County)

Triji's are small and less intense than some of the other brands. like Meprolights the best as they are larger and brighter IMO

(Mercer County)

That sounds about right. They definately won't appear to glow in the day or with the lights on. They should be bright enough to see three very distinguished dots when held at arms length, with the lights off. If it were dead, you would have absolutely no glow.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.