Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: the shooters bench russellton

Magpul may have kept their prices consistent. But the distributors have to be price gouging also. Do you think they would let everyone else make more money during a period like this and not them? And if people didnt pay what gun shops are asking for these "overpriced" items then they wouldnt be able to sell them for that, and maybe the market would return to where it was before. In reality the distributors and customers set the prices in times like this, NOT the gunshop.

(Allegheny County)

Lets all try to remember its not "gouging" these are items you dont need. If the price is too high dont buy it. I dont blame the shooters bench for raising prices. Inventory is short and demand is high. If the prices stayed under what the market currently is at, he would be out of stuff to sell and only making minimal profit. Therefore running himself out of business.

I just hope he takes into consideration all the comments on the attitudes of some of his employees. I have received a few PMs on here agreeing with my previous comments in this thread.

I haven been in the bench for a while. Gotta get there soon and maybe treat myself to a new 1911!!
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Allegheny County)

I agree with bpgood1 on the point we don't have to buy high priced items,I try to not get caught up in the whirlwind of impulse buying then kicking myself in the butt for paying so much for something I didn't even really need . I was at brand new shop in westview and talked to owner , he said he's really trying to keep prices fair , I paid around 12.00 for a box of Pmc bronze ammo which was way more at shooters bench.I think he was paying alot for them around 10 a box , I didn't mind spending extra couple bucks and the staff was really nice and did not try to one up anyone or make fun of me . I will go there again for sure they even had pmags black with dustcovers for 29.99 a little bit high but again knowwhere near the 40 dollar mark. I will say I still will shop at shooters bench only because they used to treat me and my family really good . I would not own much if it wasn't for Eddie (owner) letting me make payments over a few months . Just hope they get a handle on staff

(Allegheny County)

I have had good experiences at The Shooters Bench. I tend to visit when things are a little quieter and that may be a factor. I stopped on Thursday after work and asked to look at a Remington 1911, the gentleman behind the counter was professional, courteous and safely handed me the firearm. After looking at the Remington I handed it back. We had a brief conversation about the Remington and a couple other firearms in the case. He then said, "you should see this" and went over to a stack of S&W cases to pull out a brand new S&W Performance Center 1911 and handed me that firearm to see. That is consistent with my experience at the shop, professional, courteous, and willing to take the time, good people.

The only real problem? I now have GAS* for the S&W Performance Center 1911.

* Gun Acquisition Syndrome

(Allegheny County)

I buy all of my firearms there and won't go anywhere else thanks to Ed I have a nice collection they have reasonable prices and treat me well.

Ive only been to the Shooters Bench a couple times but I like the place.

Good selection, good prices and the staff was fine. I really like the fact thats its much like an old time sporting goods store, where you can get a new firearm, ammo, reloading supplies and fishing/camping gear all in the same place. Id definitely stop in more often if I was down that way more.

Off topic, but is it true that they're somehow involved with Czar Firearms in Ford City?

(Allegheny County)

That Tom guy that works there still makes me feel uncomfortable and he seems like his attitude hasn't changed , just went there too check out some stuff and see Nate who works there . He's really cool once you get to know him

(Allegheny County)

We used to go there and have purchased some items in the past and even brought a friend who purchased a gun from them. I liked the staff but it was the owner's actions and lack of integrity that made our decision to shop elsewhere in future.

We wanted to give Shooters Bench our business and the "owner" agreed to match a price on a firearm. As they did not have it in stock, and we did not need it immediately, we agreed to wait until stock came in which they said would take awhile. We called after about a month and staff said it wasn't in yet and then again after another month or two realizing something wasn't right.

After losing the sale price from the "other" gunshop, the owner refused to sell us the gun at the agreed price.

That is not good business practice. There are many other shops with consistently better prices that we have dealt with since and will in future.

Its unfortunate that we had a bad experience.

(Butler County)

gone there about a dozen times and never once had a bad experince. i have seen some really good deals on firearms and have taken advantage on a few of them. i think their gun smith is very helpful and seems to know alot about S&W hand guns. in this area the other option is sportsman supply and that place has gone to s**t....

(Allegheny County)

That sportsman supply is the worst in my opinion ,they are another shop with horrible customer service , even with the rude employees at shooters bench I'd still rather go there than sportsman supply ..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast