Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: the shooters bench russellton

Hey sorry you feel that way bpgood1. Our gunsmith doesnt seem to think he knows it all, he is always open to ideas and other peoples thoughts. We havent had any complaints about him and he has been there for 3 years now. Maybe you can talk to him sometime about it and realize hes not an asshole just a guy doing his job.

(Allegheny County)

I was out there today, said hi to everyone including Nate. He was talkative and answered the phone helping the guy on the other end, I never have any problems with him when I go out there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by natrona View Post
    Hey sorry you feel that way bpgood1. Our gunsmith doesnt seem to think he knows it all, he is always open to ideas and other peoples thoughts. We havent had any complaints about him and he has been there for 3 years now. Maybe you can talk to him sometime about it and realize hes not an asshole just a guy doing his job.
    I dont mean to deter anyone from the shop in fact i recommend people there all the time, but in my opinion he ABSOLUTELY acts like a know it all every time i have dealt with him. I never said he wasnt doing his job just that he in my opinion does it both poorly and rudely. For what its worth you may not have had a complaint about him, but of the 10 or so friends and family members (most of whom i recommended to shop there) that frequent the SB have all expressed the exact same feelings about him.

And seriously you cant think for a second that i would go in and talk to him about his shitty people skills. I would rather just deal with someone else there who doesnt feel the need to "one up" everything that customers say.
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Re: the shooters bench russellton

I've lived by shooters bench for years and for 7 or 8 years have spent tons of money there over the years ,I'd always have something I was paying on or buying , recently I noticed some prices which disappoints me (39.99 for a magpul mag, dollar a round Chinese Pmc ammo).the bearded guy there is very stand-offish and when u say hello he stares at you blankly , I saw him make fun of an older gentlemen for misspelling something on a form (he didn't know the guy). Tom has a horrible attitude In my opinion. I get a uneasy feeling when I go in there now and have heard from a few people they would not be going there again .. My family and friends really like Owner but the employees are unsatisfactory in my opinion .

(Allegheny County)

I never had a problem with Tom either I'm gonna have to stop out tomorrow and visit

(Westmoreland County)

I just don't get the people that complain incessantly about a gun store raising their prices during high demand periods. So many gun owners consider themselves Conservative or Libertarian and capitalist, but when it comes to their rights to buy cheap and plentiful guns, ammo, and accessories, suddenly they are outraged that the gun stores have the audacity to make money.

We don't know what the supply lines are like for these small gun shops. Some of them don't know when they will get more of something in. The higher price reflects that and helps assure more consistent revenue streams. If they keep prices lower and sell out of everything, and don't get shipments to replenish their stock, then what happens? Employees get laid off?

I like the Shooter's Bench. I've purchased two firearms there and both were for fair prices. One of them was a hard to find gun at the time, and their price for it was 400. Buds had the same gun for 425 and the MSRP was 500. Another time I purchased a gun there for about the same price as Buds. I've never had issue with them or their employees. The last time I was there the guy was patient, showed me everything I wanted to see, and was understanding and not pushy when I said I was going to wait to buy. 5 minutes later I changed my mind, walked back up to the same guy and bought the gun.

In addition, I have e-mailed them through their site a handful of times, and always get a fast and courteous response, they have given me pricing and availability of certain guns, and even once e-mailed me a few weeks after telling me they had something in stock. Compare that to other stores that have completely ignored e-mail queries, or responded and told me to come into the store if I wanted to see availability.

If they weren't an hour away, I'd go there more. I recommend them.

(Armstrong County)

Nice little shop. But the last time I was there, one of the employees overheard another customer and I having a conversation about LTCF issues, and proceeded to interject his opinion that a PA LTCF was "No good in Philadelphia", and that open carry was illegal there. When I mentioned that you could, indeed open carry there with a LTCF, he became livid and told me that I was full of shit, and suggested that I should leave, and that he "sure as fuck knew what he was talking about". If I need that kind of know it all attitude, I will just go to Sportsman Supply, and save the drive next time........

Quote Originally Posted by natrona View Post
    Do you work there?

I like the shop & have been there many times. As far as prices go, I have not been overly impressed. The best pricing I have found are at Bee's Guns in Saltsburg.

(Allegheny County)

It's sad to see shops take advantage of long time customers . People are panic buying and I think once the markets slowly correct itself customers will remember who was charging a dollar a round for .223 ammo and selling items on the web instead of to there customers at crazy prices . A 12 dollar magazine going for 40 bucks is not fair to anyone, magpul has kept prices set at normal amounts and the gun shops are gouging (look online magpul put out a statement ). As far as employees at that shop I know I'm not the only one who has had a bad experience with a couple of the guys working there . Hope in future they realize that treating customers crappy doesn't help matters .

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde6 View Post
    It's sad to see shops take advantage of long time customers . People are panic buying and I think once the markets slowly correct itself customers will remember who was charging a dollar a round for .223 ammo and selling items on the web instead of to there customers at crazy prices . A 12 dollar magazine going for 40 bucks is not fair to anyone, magpul has kept prices set at normal amounts and the gun shops are gouging (look online magpul put out a statement ). As far as employees at that shop I know I'm not the only one who has had a bad experience with a couple of the guys working there . Hope in future they realize that treating customers crappy doesn't help matters .
    The problem with that is does the shop go direct to Magpul or do they have to use a distributor? If the distributor is charging more then they have to as well or they could end up losing money on each sale.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast