Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: "new"Trops a bit shady

Quote Originally Posted by stud40111 View Post
    So Trop's has completely overhauled its staff?

If so, perhaps I should go back (even after swearing that I never would).
    I don't know if I'd waste your time... Better deals down the street anyway.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lawrence County)

Them cheating on gunbroker should tell you enough about their business practices to make up your mind.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I don't know if I'd waste your time... Better deals down the street anyway.
    If you mean Kinsey's, I think their people have a little bit to learn about salesmanship. Been in there at least 4 times in the past few months and have yet to have anyone at the gun counter even acknowledge my presence, let alone as if I wanted to see something.

I was in Trops while they were remodeling and a salesman there was nice enough to dig through the disorganization they had while they were laying a new floor and answer all kinds of questions.

Ignoring someone that's standing at the counter staring at a firearm isn't exactly a good way to do business.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

I'm in the same boat. I swore up and down I wouldn't go back there after my last visit. Shilling auctions isn't exactly making my tinker tingle but I assume that most sellers shill their auctions so it's no surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WSM View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I swore up and down I wouldn't go back there after my last visit. Shilling auctions isn't exactly making my tinker tingle but I assume that most sellers shill their auctions so it's no surprise to me.
    I don't think "most" do it. It's certainly not worth it if you either end up getting banned or you do it poorly and end up having to pay for the privilege to shill.

(Berks County)

They did not re overhaul the staff, sure there are some new folks, but Mr. Commando is still back behind the gun counter.

Well if they didn't overhaul the staff, I now see 2 employees that used to work at Kinseys, a couple that I didn't see before (don't know where they came from), a couple that used to work there now work at Kinsey's, and the grumpy old man from the pistol counter is gone.....

And last but not least, lets not forget the new "eye candy" that now work the front register!!!!

(Lancaster County)

Word is Dunn is buying a percentage of the business each year, so at this point maybe he's only losing his portion of the stake (20%) ? and maybe not concerned of his fiscal partners?

(Lancaster County)

that dick avery is still there too, i cant stand that condescending douchebag. although i must admit i do go back every now and then if only to get a look at holly, YUMMMMMMMMM! i went yesterday to have a look see and ended up with a blackhawk gun belt for 25 bux, not bad. what left a bad taste in my mouth lately was the one know it all ass hat at the gun counter (not sure of name) basically school some guy on straw purchases after he failed pics followed with "im not telling you what to do but thats what your gonna have to do to buy this". i looked him in the eye and said you are a dick and left.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    that dick avery is still there too, i cant stand that condescending douchebag. although i must admit i do go back every now and then if only to get a look at holly, YUMMMMMMMMM! i went yesterday to have a look see and ended up with a blackhawk gun belt for 25 bux, not bad. what left a bad taste in my mouth lately was the one know it all ass hat at the gun counter (not sure of name) basically school some guy on straw purchases after he failed pics followed with "im not telling you what to do but thats what your gonna have to do to buy this". i looked him in the eye and said you are a dick and left.
    If what you said about the clerk instructing some guy how to get around the transfer law, that is truly disturbing. However if in fact this did occur(meaning he wasnt simply telling him the appeal process)you should have said something to a manager instead of what you did. Doubt management would take that lightly! I know in the past I have seen a clerk at that particular store refuse to do a sale on a Glock that some guy was really checking out, but when it was time for the sale he was gonna have his woman fill out the papers and do the PICS (although she showed no interest in it and seemed uncomfortable when he "forced" her to handle it in an attempt to look good). He simply told him that he didnt believe that the gun was for her so he wouldn't sell it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast