Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default choices choices choices...(buying a gun)

i just sold a salt spreader for $750 and figured i would bring in the new year with some gifts for myself AKA..guns of course

not quite sure what i want to get though...below i have my 2 gun uses that im thinking about, the game ill be after, the platform and then calibers im thinking about...let me know your thoughts or other suggestions and if you have some guns for sale PM me

-predator/varmint gun
    ...fox, coyote, groundhog
    ...single shot or bolt action
    ...17, 204, 220, 222, 223, 25-05

-hunting pistol
    ...deer and big black bear
    ...single shot or revolver
    ...44 mag, 454 casull, 460 S&W mag, 500

***any advice on choosing, please let me know. I was also looking at the T/C line of guns where i could just swap barrels and stocks to go from one caliber to another and from a rifle to a pistol.. which could be an option too...might be cheaper than buying separate guns.

or should i just buy a new flintlock like a Lyman Great Plains or a T/C PA Hunter

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: choices choices choices...(buying a gun)

The only advice I will give you as buying a gun is a personal choice is to check out the classifieds section of this forum. With $750 to play with you could easily pick up two nice used guns to fill each of your requirements. Since I've discovered the classifieds on here (and a couple of other forums) I've rarely bought a new gun (once in last 3 years). Something that fits your needs will pop up sooner or later at a much lower price than you would find new in a gun shop. In all the deals I've done here with forum members I've never once had a bad experience and I've gotten some great deals on used (sometimes not even fired) guns. I'd also check out any local gun shops used section as there are some deals to be found there. I picked up 2 at Tanners yesterday........ so they are out there.

Good luck and happy gun shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by scottprice View Post
    i just sold a salt spreader for $750 and figured i would bring in the new year with some gifts for myself AKA..guns of course

not quite sure what i want to get though...below i have my 2 gun uses that im thinking about, the game ill be after, the platform and then calibers im thinking about...let me know your thoughts or other suggestions and if you have some guns for sale PM me

-predator/varmint gun
    ...fox, coyote, groundhog
    ...single shot or bolt action
    ...17, 204, 220, 222, 223, 25-05

-hunting pistol
    ...deer and big black bear
    ...single shot or revolver
    ...44 mag, 454 casull, 460 S&W mag, 500

***any advice on choosing, please let me know. I was also looking at the T/C line of guns where i could just swap barrels and stocks to go from one caliber to another and from a rifle to a pistol.. which could be an option too...might be cheaper than buying separate guns.

or should i just buy a new flintlock like a Lyman Great Plains or a T/C PA Hunter
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: choices choices choices...(buying a gun)

There's no such thing as a free lunch.