Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default New PF-9, need holster advice/opinions

Guys I just got a PF-9 for my birthday from my awesome wife. I have a crossbreed supertuck for my 4.5 XDM and I love it. Best investment I have made for that gun.

My question is for the PF-9 would it be best to get a supertuck, mini tuck, or qwik clip?,Or even something simpler like a Desantis soft tuck

Obviously this is a small, light handgun, But I still want to be able to put it on and forget it's there like I do with my XDM.

...on a seperate note, does anyone carry a PF-9 in an ankle rig? If so what kind?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: New PF-9, need holster advice/opinions

Desantis Tuck This II is my usual holster, but I did use the "clip-Draw" for awhile too. I actually use the clip in the summer. Right now I am about to go OWB with a Don Hume H721 O.T

I dont like the clip due to the exposed trigger plus when I have to take the gun off if I cant carry somewhere, I like to have it in something. Otherwise its very nice. No bulk, no added weight, you cant lose it, and no care really.

IWB is great with the Tuck This. nothing wrong there. I would use it all the time but I like leather and OWB more.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Buckster View Post
    Desantis Tuck This II is my usual holster, but I did use the "clip-Draw" for awhile too. I actually use the clip in the summer. Right now I am about to go OWB with a Don Hume H721 O.T

I dont like the clip due to the exposed trigger plus when I have to take the gun off if I cant carry somewhere, I like to have it in something. Otherwise its very nice. No bulk, no added weight, you cant lose it, and no care really.

IWB is great with the Tuck This. nothing wrong there. I would use it all the time but I like leather and OWB more.
    The only thing I am curious on is the bulk of the tuck this, adding the suede, the plastic hanger. The way the supertuck is setup, it simply has a layer of kydex, keeping the setup thin.

(Dauphin County)

The Tuck This has some bulk. I gutted mine right when I got it. There is some foam padding inside the nylon I'm guessing put there for comfort. It was too bulky for me so I cut it out. Having said that it sounds like the crossbreed would be better, other than the price.

I just bought a "Crossbreed Style" holster for my PF9 from Theisholsters.com. The price is $55.00 (shipped), and Tommy Theis is one of the nicest guys you'll ever deal with. Oh yeah, it only took two weeks to get it, too!

check out the remora holster

they are the greatest thing since sliced bread

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...-holsters.html This thread has the Sneaky Pete holster I reviewed

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...ster-help.html This thread has a lot of different options discussed

Hope it helps you out!

I have used these guy's ankle holsters before from eBay comfy, cheap, and I haven't had an issue. I have one for my pf9 I have used twice so far

(Northampton County)

I carry my PF-9 in a Parker holster. They have a lot of features of the super tuck, however they are much lighter and less expensive for that matter. I've had mine for over a year and it is very comfortable, there is a synthetic lining on the inside of the leather which makes it very nice if you're wearing it directly against your skin. It also has the clips that allow tucking in your shirt.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Concealment-Source

Smit

(Mercer County)

If you liked the Crossbreed so much, why wouldn't you get another one?
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast