Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Supertuck holsters

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    I doubt you'll get the answer you're looking for from us guys on this forum. You're kinda speaking a foreign language (to us). Take a look at http://www.corneredcat.com/Contents/ Lots of info on this topic, specifically for women.
    Yeah, we guys are totally dependent on gun belts; they even work with kilts.

(Butler County)

You might want to check out Pistol Wear. That might work for you. I've thought about getting one for jogging, but I haven't tried one out yet.

Like I said in another thread, it seems pretty tough for women to carry just due to style of dress (coming from a guy so take it for...)

An alternative may be one of the belly band type holsters. Smart carry is another one thats similar I think. They are a spandex/elastic type wrap with a built in holster.

Another option might be Thunderwear. Underwear with a built in holster. Dont know if they have cuts and styles for women though, youll have to look into it.

I've never used any of these products, just tryin to help give you more options. Good Luck. Maybe others who have will chime in.

Edit-scruff beat me to it
    and to the dust you shall return

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    LOL! Okay I will! I did some research already, but need to do more...looked at the thigh ones but my husband thought that sounded awkward. I dunno. Will keep looking!
    Awkward...well you take it off before....ummm. Nevermind.

(Bucks County)

Hahaha...

Okay what about the Smartcarry holster? I found that online and a YouTube demo of a woman wearing it looked pretty good.

Any experience with this one? Its pretty much an abdominal band with a small holster for a small gun that fits underneath your jeans zipper as far as location.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Butler County)

Unfortunately, learning how to carry is hard work. What works for one person might not work for another, because of the difference in body shapes, different guns, personal preferences, etc. You'll just need to start trying holsters and see what works for you. And wear them long enough to get some experience with each. The first time I wore a Supertuck, it was awful. But I found that moving it back a couple of inches made a huge difference in comfort for me.

And if you carry often, you'll wind up with multiple holsters. IWB, OWB, deep concealment, retention, competition, pocket, two or three for each carry gun.... holy crap, I'd be hard-pressed to count them all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12