Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Crazy thing happened to me....

2 nights ago I had a dream that I heard someone in my house, grabbed my gun from the safe next to my bed, went into bed, and was waiting for someone to come through the door.

The next morning, I am talking to my wife and she tells me that she was up from 4am on the computer because she couldnt sleep. A few hours later, I remember my dream and look at my gun safe, which I see is opened up and it looks like I tried to lock it and but didnt close it all the way.

So now I am thinking that in my sleep, I heard my wife outside the room, grabbed the gun from my safe and went back to bed with the gun. Then at some point put the gun back in the safe, tried to relock it, but didnt close the door all the way. I can think of no other reason that the door would have been opened up. So I was sleep walking.

How crazy is that? I hadnt slept a lot of saturday night, so on sunday night when it happened, my body was extremely overly tired, which could have explained why I slept walked. I also leave the key in my safe at night so its easy to get to should I need it. Fortunately, there is not a round in the chamber of my gun and the safety was still on when I checked it yesterday morning. But I am still a little shaken up by the fact that I had a gun while I was sleeping and if I would have racked the slide, I could have shot myself or my wife.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Crazy thing happened to me....

Man, that's some scary stuff right there! You're not taking Ambien by chance are you?

http://www.failedsuccess.com/index.p..._stephen_king/

(Centre County)

No, Im not taking anything. I just hadnt slept the night before, so I was exhausted.

(Adams County)

I was going to ask about Ambien too. At the end of the commercial on TV is says : "If you find yourself walking, driving or doing things while on Ambien that you would normally do while you are awake, consult a physician."

Or somehting like that
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Philadelphia County)

One word of wisdom I heard is to keep your gun inside a shoe box in your closet, and NOT loaded. (with a loaded mag close by).

That way, if you need to get it for whatever reason, the act of getting to the closet, getting it out of the shoe-box and loading it will ensure that you actually ARE awake before you pull the trigger in self defense.

But, then again, if you are worried about ninjas attacking you in your sleep, you may need to keep it under the pillow.

I had a scary close call like that.. although I never even broke the thumb-strap on my holster, it did end up in my hand, while my father-in-law scared the CRAP out of me by trying to sneak into our bed-room at 4am to allegedly let the dog out. I had a grueling work day the day before (16 hours straight), and only two hours of sleep, it was still a very humbling experience. They arrived that same night from Russia, and with jet lag and whatnot they woke up real early.

All I know is that my dog jumped out of the bed, growling and barking like I've never heard before, and the first thing I see, is the handle of the door slowly turning and somebody trying to open the door. But the mad, barking and growling dog kept on hitting the door and closing it.

I'm laying in bed, with the gun in my hand (in the holster!), and my fiance is looking at me like "WTF are you doing?", to which I reply "Be quiet woman! there's somebody on the other side of the door trying to break in!!".

She then looks at me like I'm retarded, says "Yeah, probably my dad.", takes the gun from me, rolls her eyes, puts it away and says.. "get to sleep sweety".

Granted, we all laughed about it later, and now the father-in-law knows NOT to try to sneak into our bed-room when the door is closed. (common sense, right?)

Either way, thats my story, and the reason why there isn't a firearm within arm's reach from our bed any more.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

thats kind of scary in all reality, I would consider setting the key a few steps away just to give you a little more time to get your bearings. My brother in law is a BAD sleepwalker, he has gone around and opened up all the windows in their house during a snow storm, on a vacation we rented a house in FL and he ended up curled up on the bottom of my mothers bed like a dog(that leads to lots of good jokes).

For sure are gonna have to be aware of this in the future

(Cambria County)

Smile Re: Crazy thing happened to me....

About ten years ago, My wife and I were out on a friday night at a freinds house. She was sick and left early, I was going to spend the night at the freinds house. Well about 3am, after many beers, I hitched a ride home with another buddy.

Well that was not the best idea.

I am standing at the front door trying to open it with my keys when, My wife hears someone trying to open the door. I finally get the door open at step inside the house, where I am promptly met by a 9mm barrel to the forehead. Seems my wife was on her way down the steps when the door opened. She placed the end of the barrel on the "intruders" forehead. Thank god she saw it was me.

(Fayette County)

Talking Re: Crazy thing happened to me....

Well I think I would either hide my gun or my wife, whichever one I could'nt sleep without.

(Cambria County)

lilpap,

She was doing what she was trained to do.

(Allegheny County)

When I was about seven years old my mother found me standing in the kitchen, in front of the trash can, gazing out the window into the dark, night sky...
    This was in the middle of the night. I should have been sawing logs.

"What are you doing?" she asked?

"Peeing." I replied, as I stared blankly, through the window.

She rushed me to the bathroom and in the process I "woke up" very confused as to WHY I was standing in front of the toilet when I should be in bed.

And I didn't have to pee!

OK, this has nothing to do with guns, but I just remembered it and thought I'd "share".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast