Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: How private?

(Columbia County)

Default Re: How private?

Family and close friends know. That being said I have a lot of family so chances are more than I know, know. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I have nothing to hide. I normally carry openly so anyone who sees me will know I carry. All my family knows I carry, and damn near every relative of mine also carries a gun. All my friends know I carry, so do my neighbors.

I'm a person of the 'old school. With exception to certain events or surroundings I believe that carrying concealed is the act of cowards, assassins, and men of nefarious intentions. ..that gentlemen carry openly and afford others foreknowledge that I am armed and prepared to defend myself.
    ALWAYS Carry..... NEVER Tell!
    Last edited by huskybiker; December 29th, 2011 at 08:26 PM.

(Chester County)

Friends and family know I conceal. I find that I can be more flexible in my travel plans when CCing. Whenever I OC, I have to plan where I can go around whether or not I'll be allowed to OC there (malls, family run restaurants, parks that have rules violating preemption, etc). With a pregnant wife and two little kids, even our best plans are subject to change with little notice, and changing holsters in the car (or carrying a spare), is more trouble than it's worth.

(Lackawanna County)

My family knows and so do most of my friends. I have found it a good starting point for discussing firearms as most of the people I know are (or were) completely ignorant regarding firearms and firearm laws. They see me as a level-headed guy and I'm carrying a gun so they become interested in asking why and talking about it. Now my wife, brother, and two good friends all have LTCFs as well. I think we need to educate people as much as possible and telling people you know that you carry and being able to intelligently explain why is a good thing.

i mostly oc so their isn't many people who don't know but since the winter is hear my jacket causes me to cc by default, i also cc at the movies, malls etc...

i don't believe in leaving my gun in the car at anytime, if i'm going to leave it somewhere i'd rather it be home, locked up but since that isn't going to happen i oc and cc when needed...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678