Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Charter Arms

(Cumberland County)

Default Charter Arms

Getting ready to purchase my first Charter Arms revolver. I like the idea and somewhat uniqueness of the 40 s&w and can't wait to see the way theirs works without moonclips! I do want wood grips though, does anyone know if other grips fit on Charter Arms - I'm nor sure if they are like j frame or any others, or do you have to stick with whatever Charter Arms offers?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Charter Arms

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Getting ready to purchase my first Charter Arms revolver. I like the idea and somewhat uniqueness of the 40 s&w and can't wait to see the way theirs works without moonclips! I do want wood grips though, does anyone know if other grips fit on Charter Arms - I'm nor sure if they are like j frame or any others, or do you have to stick with whatever Charter Arms offers?
    You can probably find some aftermarket wood grips if you look around.

I'm not sure what their new .40S&W revolver uses, if it's different from their other J-frame sized grips or what.

Eagle makes them for their small frame guns, maybe they might work for the new .40. http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Chart...ver-grips.html

Most grip makers will 1-off make you a set if you really really need them. I'd check Eagle out first, unless someone has a better idea.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You can probably find some aftermarket wood grips if you look around.

I'm not sure what their new .40S&W revolver uses, if it's different from their other J-frame sized grips or what.

Eagle makes them for their small frame guns, maybe they might work for the new .40. http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Chart...ver-grips.html

Most grip makers will 1-off make you a set if you really really need them. I'd check Eagle out first, unless someone has a better idea.
    Thanks for the link. I was confused because the revolver has no screws on the side like the one's listed at eaglegrips for small frame Charter Arms Revolvers? I emailed Charter Arms to see what they have to say !

(Cumberland County)

nm, checked out more pics and screw on grip is only on one side - hmmm, maybe those will fit ???? tx