Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Arizona Permit Arrived Today .. 4 weeks and 3 days !!!

Wanted to post for everyone the total time for my Arizona Permit ..

.. Mailed on Nov 23rd ( Had Thanksgiving Holiday in the middle of this also ) ... Priority Mail 2 Day Delivery.

.. Delivered in today's mail ... A total of 4 weeks and 3 days

Not bad turn around for sure !!!!

Brian

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Arizona Permit Arrived Today .. 4 weeks and 3 days !!!

So AZ gives you Delaware, Ohio and S. Carolina. Does anyone know if you can drive through Delaware into VA without going though the PRMD?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    So AZ gives you Delaware, Ohio and S. Carolina. Does anyone know if you can drive through Delaware into VA without going though the PRMD?
    AZ does not give you SC. SC only recognizes RESIDENT permits. You wold have to be a resident of AZ.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Does anyone know if you can drive through Delaware into VA without going though the PRMD?

Not if you're going into DE. From where we live, you'd have to go all the way out to Pittsburg to go around MD. Not worth it.

(Northampton County)

They are slowing down! Last year, mine was 6 business days from the time I dropped it in my mailbox, not including Thanksgiving, which was the day they approved it!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    AZ does not give you SC. SC only recognizes RESIDENT permits. You wold have to be a resident of AZ.
    True. But check into SC law, I think they allow loaded handgun in the car in plain view. Not ideal for spending time there but might be good for driving through. Please check yourself, I never had reason to verify.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

True. But check into SC law, I think they allow loaded handgun in the car in plain view. Not ideal for spending time there but might be good for driving through. Please check yourself, I never had reason to verify.

In a box with an integral fastener such as a glove box.

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance; or

(b) concealed on or about his person, and he has a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to the provisions of Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23;

waiting for mines to get back now and why doesn't S.C and PA just get this over with already...
    Last edited by 350CI; December 26th, 2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Not if you're going into DE. From where we live, you'd have to go all the way out to Pittsburg to go around MD. Not worth it.
    bring 2 lock boxes to seperate ammo and firearm. drive straight through maryland with no undue stops

Code of Federal Regulations
    Title 18 > Part I > Chapter 44 > § 926a
    § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
    Release date: 2005-08-03

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.
    http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/h...6---A000-.html

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bmel17 View Post
    bring 2 lock boxes to seperate ammo and firearm. drive straight through maryland with no undue stops

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

BOLD: 2 boxes are not required. Ammo and gun do NOT need to be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by bmel17 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    BOLD: 2 boxes are not required. Ammo and gun do NOT need to be separate.
    they are if you own a vehicle like mine. It goes overboard in a regular car, but there is no question about your purpose when you go through states like NY, NJ, or MD. Lot of horror stories about MD. Better safe than sorry IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast