Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Leather shoulder holsters for 1911

My dad just got a Taurus 1911 with the rail. He doesn't want to carry IWB or OWB. I know nothing about shoulder holsters so I am asking you guys. Who makes a quality leather shoulder holster for ~$100? Thanks in advance!
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Leather shoulder holsters for 1911

Bianchi x-15 is a very nice unit. should be able to find one for around $100

Be careful. 1911s with a rail will not fit holsters molded for "normal" 1911s. There are very few belt holsters for railed 1911s. I've never seen a shoulder holster for one with a rail.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Be careful. 1911s with a rail will not fit holsters molded for "normal" 1911s. There are very few belt holsters for railed 1911s. I've never seen a shoulder holster for one with a rail.
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Guess I need a custom one then. Dammit.

(Lawrence County)

Galco makes a shoulder rig for a 1911 with a rail, you might come in close to $100 if you don't go with the carrier for the extra magazines. I think mine was around $140 with the mag pouch. I really like my Miami Classic, there is no more comfortable way to carry on your person in a vehicle. The ones I saw for railed 1911's were just like a Miami Classic but were vertical instead of horizontal.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    My dad just got a Taurus 1911 with the rail. He doesn't want to carry IWB or OWB. I know nothing about shoulder holsters so I am asking you guys. Who makes a quality leather shoulder holster for ~$100? Thanks in advance!
    I have been using a Galco Miami Classic for years and it workd great. I will fit a railed 1911.

(Lawrence County)

Uniballin, I bought an offside tie down last night for my Miami Classic and when I brought it home realized it replaces the mag carrier instead of attaching to it. Anyways I called Galco this morning to find out if they had anything else and asked them about the railed 1911 while I had them on the phone.

I was told that you can get a railed 1911 in the horizontal shoulder rigs but it doesn't fit right, that's why they don't list it on their site. The vertical holster (vhs) system is the only one they manufacture for that gun. Here is a link to it: http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-ve...er-system.html about $150 with the mag carrier or you can buy the separate components and replace the mag carrier with a tie down for around $120. You just buy the holster for your particular gun and the rest of the components (harnesses, tie downs, mag carriers, etc.) are universal. VHS212 is the part number for a railed 1911. Good luck.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Uniballin, I bought an offside tie down last night for my Miami Classic and when I brought it home realized it replaces the mag carrier instead of attaching to it. Anyways I called Galco this morning to find out if they had anything else and asked them about the railed 1911 while I had them on the phone.

I was told that you can get a railed 1911 in the horizontal shoulder rigs but it doesn't fit right, that's why they don't list it on their site. The vertical holster (vhs) system is the only one they manufacture for that gun. Here is a link to it: http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-ve...er-system.html about $150 with the mag carrier or you can buy the separate components and replace the mag carrier with a tie down for around $120. You just buy the holster for your particular gun and the rest of the components (harnesses, tie downs, mag carriers, etc.) are universal. VHS212 is the part number for a railed 1911. Good luck.
    I highly recommend the Miami Classic. It's sucks that you can't get the horizontal holster.

(Northampton County)

Thanks jerkin for asking them on my behalf. That was really nice of you.

Yea, horizontal is preferable. I will try to talk to some guys who do custom rigs but if all else fails, I'll have to settle with the vertical. Thanks again.

(Monroe County)

The only advantage of the horizontal is if you wear a light short sport jacket (thats why cops love them so much) like Sonny did in Miami Vice, it prevents the holster/ gun from showing if you jacket rides up or if you are driving your Testa Rosa it makes for a quicker draw because the butt of the gun will be perpendicular to your raised arm.

The Vertical holster is actually more comfortable and discreet when carrying a big heavy gun such as a 1911.
    That Biachi x15 is just hard to beat, stands to reason why its been in constant production for over 40 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast