Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Question delco sheriffs called my references today

ok i took my application to the delco sheriffs office last wednesday 1/23/08 an they called my references today 1/28/08 at 7:30 am i am just wondering from you guys that have your LTCF from delco how long after the called your references did you get your letter in the mail?. i have been reading alot on how they take longer then 45 days i am hopeing that since they called my references so fast that they changed there ways and i will get my letter in 45 days or less..

ooo an anyone who has printed there application from delco sheriffs website an is getting ready to take it there don't they are going to make you fill out a new application the lady said the ones on the website are older so i had to fill out a hole new one

(Chester County)

Default Re: delco sheriffs called my references today

Quote Originally Posted by buddhaman20 View Post
    ok i took my application to the delco sheriffs office last wednesday 1/23/08 an they called my references today 1/28/08 at 7:30 am i am just wondering from you guys that have your LTCF from delco how long after the called your references did you get your letter in the mail?. i have been reading alot on how they take longer then 45 days i am hopeing that since they called my references so fast that they changed there ways and i will get my letter in 45 days or less..

ooo an anyone who has printed there application from delco sheriffs website an is getting ready to take it there don't they are going to make you fill out a new application the lady said the ones on the website are older so i had to fill out a hole new one
    Up here in chesco I know a few of my friends didnt even have their references called.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Delaware County)

I wonder what the difference is? I do not believe that the law has changed so I am curious what drove the application changes --- not that the DELCO sheriff follows the letter of the law anyway in regard to his application form.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jh664322 View Post
    Up here in chesco I know a few of my friends didnt even have their references called.
    ya the chester county sheriff doesnt contact references AFAIK

(Chester County)

I was called as a reference for a friend who got his LTCF in DelCo about 4 or 5 years ago. He got it in the mail a week or two later.

FWIW, when I got my permit back in Philly in 2000, my references were not contacted. Nor were they contacted when I applied for a new license when I moved to Chester county and the old one expired.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    I wonder what the difference is? I do not believe that the law has changed so I am curious what drove the application changes --- not that the DELCO sheriff follows the letter of the law anyway in regard to his application form.
    she said that they are a little different when she gave me the new application it was totally the same . just the bottom was blue were you sign you name

(Cambria County)

What do they ask your references? Anyone know?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Chester County)

i dont no what they ask but one of my references said the phone call lasted 2 minutes he said the sheriff was like a got 6 questions wait to answer after i am done so after he was done my references said no then the sheriff said ok thanks bye my references was like it was stupid an plus it was at 7:30 in the morning lol
    Last edited by buddhaman20; January 28th, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

(Snyder County)

i dont no what they ask but one of my references said the phone call lasted 2 minutes he said the sheriff was like a got 6 questions wait to answer after i am done so after he was done my references said no then the sheriff said ok thanks bye my references was like it was stupid an plus it was at 7:30 in the morning lol
    That is the hardest thing I have ever had to read in my entire life. Not one capital letter. And not one punctuation mark.

anyone who has printed there application from delco sheriffs website an is getting ready to take it there don't they are going to make you fill out a new application the lady said the ones on the website are older so i had to fill out a hole new one
    For anyone else who needs a newer form...
    The date of the form is up in the top, left corner. I believe the latest one is dated 8-2007, which can be found at the below link (on page 2) from Centre County. Just blank out Centre and fill in your county to use it. (It's a PDF file).
    http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/license_to_carry.pdf

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast