Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Homebuilt adj bipod 20 to 64 inch --$23

A-5 took the NEWBIE (me) to the woodshed, "No Pics, It Never Happened". As a Junior (man that sounds really good) PAFOA member, listen to the TOP Dogs.

Bipods have always been my nightmare as a Chuck Hunter. I have a Harris 6-9 inch bench on my Chuck Gun. Great when the fields are cut. There are a bunch of adjustables in the high rent district, but DW & $$$$$. You get it.

My ingredients listed in pics. Pic #1 Walmart, Winchester Shooters Rest $10, need 2. Pic #2 3/4"W 6"L bracket pre drilled 4 holes. Lowes / Home Dep $2. Pic #3 Collapsed at 20", base spread 20"--Carry strap fom an old back pack. Pic #4 Bipod extended 64" (peeking around standing corn, 125 yds & the RIGHT shot has to be standing), base spread 48 ". Hardware laying around the house, 1/4 inch 10-20 (I think). Bend bracket in a vice with a hammer (don't go to steep). Click on the thumbs (attachments) for pictures.

Cautions: Center drilling the bracket (5th hole) for the Winchester Shooters Rest--secure it & 2X secure it. When you punch through hard steel, it runs right up the drill bit at you or your hand. 8 lbs is OK, big recoil a No-No. This is a one hand on bipod, one on the firearm and since is not attached to the firearm, don't use it as gun prop. OUCH ! ! ! There goes my scope.

The Harris for prone. The gizmo, standing, kneeling, sitting, leg adj for uneven ground & weighs nothing. Keep center bolt hand tight - a swivel rest. Dusted a few back pastuer GRIZZLIES with this 'NO NAME'.

Any other thoughts or modifications, lay it on me ---- fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ImAfossil; December 26th, 2011 at 11:04 PM.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Homebuilt adj bipod 20 to 64 inch --$23

Quote Originally Posted by ImAfossil View Post
    A-5 took the NEWBIE (me) to the woodshed, "No Pics, It Never Happened". As a Junior (man that sounds really good) PAFOA member, listen to the TOP Dogs.

Bipods have always been my nightmare as a Chuck Hunter. I have a Harris 6-9 inch bench on my Chuck Gun. Great when the fields are cut. There are a bunch of adjustables in the high rent district, but DW & $$$$$. You get it.

My ingredients listed in pics. Pic #1 Walmart, Winchester Shooters Rest $10, need 2. Pic #2 3/4"W 6"L bracket pre drilled 4 holes. Lowes / Home Dep $2. Pic #3 Collapsed at 20", base spread 20"--Carry strap fom an old back pack. Pic #4 Bipod extended 64" (peeking around standing corn, 125 yds & the RIGHT shot has to be standing), base spread 48 ". Hardware laying around the house, 1/4 inch 10-20 (I think). Bend bracket in a vice with a hammer (don't go to steep). Click on the thumbs (attachments) for pictures.

Cautions: Center drilling the bracket (5th hole) for the Winchester Shooters Rest--secure it & 2X secure it. When you punch through hard steel, it runs right up the drill bit at you or your hand. 8 lbs is OK, big recoil a No-No. This is a one hand on bipod, one on the firearm.

The Harris for prone. The gizmo, standing, kneeling, sitting, leg adj for uneven ground & weighs nothing. Keep center nut hand tight - a swivel rest. Dusted a few back pastuer GRIZZLIES with this 'NO NAME'.

Any other thoughts or modifications, lay it on me ---- fossil
    GENIUS!!! i shall try to make one of these for next years groundhog season....
    -Dan

(Lebanon County)

Default One Modification I may do

Since the darn thing is so light, I made it with wingnuts to disassemble. I am considering removing the wingnuts and sealing the nuts tight with expoxy or Loctite.

The other bonus is removing the Shooters Rest and I have a very light 15 X 45 spotting scope that screws up on the center bolt. You just have to play with the length of the center bolt to get it right. Or carry different length 1/4 inchers. I actually carry an over the shoulder diddy bag in the field for Chucks. My soda, small binocs, ammo and that light spotting scope + the 'No Name'. At my young age, LIGHT IS GOOD ! ! !

I have run out of ideas on the 'No Name'.

fossil
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Lebanon County)

Default WOW ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypticpyro View Post
    GENIUS!!! i shall try to make one of these for next years groundhog season....
    Thanks Dan for the compliment. A genius I am not. Passion for being in the FIELD I do have.

Three impact people im my life with firearms & hunting.

My Uncle Chick (WW ll , on the Islands) got me started. "Safety and never even think about putting your tag on somebody else's deer. Follow the trail back to the owner, then help the hunter drag it out".

In my PAFOA signature ---Mr. Jack .270 O'Conner. 1950's and WILDCAT. Wow ! ! a 130 grain, 3 shot one holer. Maybe someday a .270. Mr. O'Conner was right on just about everything. Especially my .270.

Also in my signature, Mr. Warren Page --- Same era. "it's not what you shoot the BEASTIE with, it's where you shoot the BEASTIE.

Two of the above, Outdoor Life and Field and Stream Icons. Almost 60 years later and I remember

These guys got me here and now I may see my Grand Kids follow in my footsteps----I had 3 (great is overused) SPECIAL Professors.

fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; December 23rd, 2011 at 11:44 PM.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Homebuilt adj bipod 20 to 64 inch --$23

SOB i stopped at walmart for some christmas shopping crazy amount of people...i fight through the horde of people only to find they only had ONE shooting stick....dang it!!
    -Dan

(Lebanon County)

Default Another picture

On the homebuilt I mentioned a spotting scope. Here it is in a picture.

I reiterate -- Don't use the homebuilt bipod in the field to prop your firearm up with. IT is very unsteady and using your gun as a 3rd leg of a tripod, does not work.

IT will fall on your gun scope. I wonder how I ever figured that out ?????

fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ImAfossil; December 27th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.