Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Part time resident

iirc, your a lot closer to police barracks. but out where i am. the people will easily break in, steal your copper, video equipment & your gunsafe and pull down the twisty roads of mess and out the community all in the 40+minutes it takes the police to respond and find your place.

my guns are guarded by armed citizens.
    and newsworthy break-ins are almost a weekly occurrence.
    Last edited by fallenleader; January 9th, 2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: + because its freaking + lulz
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Burglary & Home Invasion seem to be the new pass time for criminals in the area. Do your best to keep your weapons guarded from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Wink Re: Part time resident

The new 911 address system has been implemented in Tannersville. The police are close & could respond in minutes. That of course, can be a double edged sword

(Monroe County)

Yah Dave , wait untill you get your full license in the Mail, I see you got the Royal treatment at Dunks.

Lots of Controversy with Dunks, just look in the search here and read away.
    Personally i will never spend a dime there.

Next time go up to American Sports shooting or Weaver's in Brodheadsville . I believe American will be moving soon so check before you go.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Divodave View Post
    Update. I switched my drivers license over to PA. I went to Dunklebergers (big mistake) showed my (temp) license & the Gestapo like interrogations begun. The lady I was initially dealing with was nice enough, then this self absorbed 20 something got his beak in. I was asked where I pay my taxes, where I have my cars registered, what I use my PA house for. I very politely answered all their queries & was told that the ATF law didn't allow me to purchase a firearm because PA was not my primary residence. I explained (again very politely) that this was not the case & suggested they check the ATF website for clarification. Thats when the nasty pills kicked in & the 20something got his chest puffed out & barked "it didn't matter what the ATF law said, its what I say". They then insinuated that I would be taking the firearms back to NY for some nefarious plot or other. I thanked them for their time & left, quite discouraged! I will never purchase a thing in that store, neither will my friends. I had intended to spend around a $1000 on Saturday & planned to add approximately 5G's worth of merchandise in the near future. I have like minded friends who would have matched that & then some. DB just screwed themselves!
    I have heard that Dunklebergers films all customer transactions and copies all paperwork. All of this is forwarded to NYC PD. My understanding is that DB's also has you fill out a form when buying a firearm that is not required by ATF or by PA SP. The form is required by a Bloomberg lawsuit settlement and the NYC PD. Although I don't have an first hand knowledge of this, I have been told these specifics by several people and I have also read various newspaper stories over the past few years about DB's ongoing cooperation with NYC PD.

Considering what douchebags the NYC PD and Bloomberg are, and considering you have a residence in NY, I would avoid DB's like the plague.

Like I said, I don't have any first hand knowledge of the place. Do your own homework.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Divodave View Post
    The new 911 address system has been implemented in Tannersville. The police are close & could respond in minutes. That of course, can be a double edged sword

a summer home up the road from be was broken into about 2am a month ago ....the owner drove an hour from jersey after the alarm went off and beat the state police by 20 minutes ....the 911 address thing works well don't you think?

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

not all of monroe is done with the 911 switchover. but i doubt it works properly. plus you have to hope a cop is sleeping somewhere nearby or they're going to be dispatched from swiftwater.
    they also probably handle break-ins differently than say a gun fight. and respond more slowly.

as far as dunkleburger goes, i'm sure pafoa has a topic on it. (they do)
    don't forget, if you avoid their store, avoid their range (pocono pistol)
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/722...roudsburg.html

http://search.pafoa.org/?q=dunkleber...%3Avrvbtifxywe
    Last edited by fallenleader; January 10th, 2012 at 08:20 PM.

(Carbon County)

911 has been here for about a year and a half in the west end .....we have lehighton for psp ....i think response time got worse
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Monroe County)

Last week my son accidentally set off the Alarm system (we Have Vector security)in 20 mins. a state trooper were at my door in spite of the fact that the alarm company has the old street name and number and where i live is partly i should say "in the sticks" , i were impressed.

I scolded my son to try not to do that again because state troopers have more important things to do.

Everyone - get a good alarm system , if yoiu havent already got one.

i've got two good alarm systems.
    a pissed off wife, and at least 1 big freaking gun. with bayonet.

you can often reprogram an alarm system to call you directly and avoid monitoring fees.
    beneficial if you are local and poor.
    hell, you can program mine to call 10 numbers in the event of an alarm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast