Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCR 22

(Cumberland County)

Default LCR 22

Has anyone seen or shot one yet ? I read they are available, wondering what they are going for ( msrp $ 525 ) and how they shoot - looks somewhat interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: LCR 22

Jeff Quinn over at Gunblast.com made a favorable review of this revolver. Here is the link:

http://gunblast.com/Ruger-LCR22.htm

I think the idea is great and that this revolver will be quite interesting. It will be a bit like a Smith and Wesson 317 yet a bit less costly. The Smith and Wesson 317 has an MSRP of 699 here:
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

The Ruger has an MSRP of 525, about 174 USD less here:
    http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5410.html

Price of course is not the only factor, as the Smith is built with materials and processes that indeed cost more. However, the performance will most likely be very very close. I would enjoy to try out the LCR 22...

I really hope Ruger is reading this post, if they are... here goes:
    Use that same technology and idea to produce a medium framed revolver, think lightweight GP 100. Make it in a number of cartridges like .357 Mag (7 shot cylinder), 9mm (7 shooter), .40 S&W (6 shot) maybe even .45 ACP. Set it up with a 3 inch barrel, front tritium sight and you will create a fever for it. While you are at it, chamfer the charge holes from the factory and have them all cut for full moon clips (of course the 9mm, .40 and .45 will be cut for moon clips). I would not hesitate to go buy one as soon as it comes out!!!
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Cambria County)

I am very interested in this Ruger. I was reviewing the Smith&Wesson 351C.

It is 22mag (which I like)....but it is way too costly for me.

Smith and Wesson 351c

Hopefully Ruger can make an LCR in .22mag and still keep the 8 round capacity. That 351c is kinda fugly to boot.

Jeff Quinn over at Gunblast.com made a favorable review of this revolver.
    Has anyone ever seen a review from him that was not favorable?
    Last edited by dkf; December 18th, 2011 at 10:20 PM.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Hopefully Ruger can make an LCR in .22mag and still keep the 8 round capacity.

Now THAT would be sweet!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

The space between holes on the .22LR LCR is kinda close and the .22mag is larger in diameter than the .22LR, with higher pressure to boot. Don't know if Ruger could keep the 8 round capacity, but I'm hoping.

(Monroe County)

I think I might have to pick one of these up.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    I am very interested in this Ruger. I was reviewing the Smith&Wesson 351C.

It is 22mag (which I like)....but it is way too costly for me.

Smith and Wesson 351c

I believe there is a 351c in the classifieds for a very reasonable price. It's not mine, just helping out.

You'd probably have to sift through ten or so pages to find it, but it's in there somewhere.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post

I really hope Ruger is reading this post, if they are... here goes:
    Use that same technology and idea to produce a medium framed revolver, think lightweight GP 100. Make it in a number of cartridges like .357 Mag (7 shot cylinder), 9mm (7 shooter), .40 S&W (6 shot) maybe even .45 ACP. Set it up with a 3 inch barrel, front tritium sight and you will create a fever for it. While you are at it, chamfer the charge holes from the factory and have them all cut for full moon clips (of course the 9mm, .40 and .45 will be cut for moon clips). I would not hesitate to go buy one as soon as it comes out!!!
    I'm on board. For sure, as long as it's only similar to a GP100 in frame size, and not visually.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

If it was chambered in the FAR more powerful 5.7x28mm, i'd have real interest....but a .22 rimfire defensive pistol?

Not something i am in the market for or have interest in. At all. I do have a beautiful stainless 10 shot Ruger Single Six in .22 LR, but i did not buy it for defensive considerations.

I get that it's low recoil, but a .22 LR is nothing i want to knowingly stake my life on. I'm kind of surprised no one has come out with a .380 snubbie that uses moon clips yet, what with the .380 pocket pistol craze currently underway in this country.

It would be a good low recoil alternative to the .22 that packs way, way more punch.
    Last edited by Valorius; December 19th, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast