Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kel Tec Shotgun

Default Re: Kel Tec Shotgun

Have they fixed the problem with the trigger not resetting?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    Have they fixed the problem with the trigger not resetting?
    They claim they have fixed it and several other problems.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Hmmm....buy a Kel Tec vaporware pump shotgun, or a world class Benelli M1 Super 90 semi auto for about the same price.

What a tough decision.

Not.
    Why do I need to chose? Can't I have both?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Which would you rather have? A company that rushes a product to market to assuage talk of "vaporware" or a company that does extensive testing on a new type of product so that they get it right the first time?
    Quote for truth!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

I would rather have a proven legendary design than what i feel to be a vastly overpriced gun from a company known for making inexpensive firearms with mediocre fit, finish and quality control...if you can actually get one.

If we can get a Benelli M1 for the same approx price as a Kel Tec pump (I looked on gun broker to verify you can get an M1 in the $800 price range-you can), is it really any kind of a decision at all?

Choice A) All time legendary great weapon from a legendary Italian firm.

Choice B) Totally unproven weapon from a company known to make lower end (but functional) weapons.

If you prefer pumps, then a Remington 870 police is a legend in it's own right too....and about half the price of the Kel Tec.

If you're a guy with a ton of money and you just want a toy, go for it. But as a defensive arm for a guy with a real world budget...i don't see any sense to this weapon at all. It's certainly not a hunting arm.

Whereas a Benelli M1 or 870 with appropriate barrel and choke certainly are.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    I would rather have a proven legendary design than what i feel to be a vastly overpriced gun from a company known for making inexpensive firearms with mediocre fit, finish and quality control...if you can actually get one.

If we can get a Benelli M1 for the same approx price as a Kel Tec pump (I looked on gun broker to verify you can get an M1 in the $800 price range-you can), is it really any kind of a decision at all?

Choice A) All time legendary great weapon from a legendary Italian firm.

Choice B) Totally unproven weapon from a company known to make lower end (but functional) weapons.

If you prefer pumps, then a Remington 870 police is a legend in it's own right too....and about half the price of the Kel Tec.

If you're a guy with a ton of money and you just want a toy, go for it. But as a defensive arm for a guy with a real world budget...i don't see any sense to this weapon at all. It's certainly not a hunting arm.

Whereas a Benelli M1 or 870 with appropriate barrel and choke certainly are.
    is everything in your life as black and white?

LCP's are great, p3at suck,
    HK's are great, Glocks are murderous evil plastic monsters,
    Bonelli is perfect - anybody who buys a KSG is a moron and must love throwing their money away...

some of your post bring the word "elitist" to mind...

(Lancaster County)

At one point in time, a Semi-auto shotgun was an unproven and non-legendary design. I see what Keltec is trying to do is to show that a shotgun doesn't have to look and function like every other shotgun out there. I see them as having a vision and trying to follow through with that vision.

How many other manufacturers have made a folding carbine in 9mm or .223? They have selected the market niche they want to try to fill. Firearms that function at a price point the average person can afford.

If Benelli, Winchester or Remington were to have such a design, I'd bet they'd have the price around $1100 if not more. But Keltec is attempting to make something new and hit a market that wants something like this.

Yes, it's too short for hunting, but having it an overall length of 26.1", makes it a perfect home defense shotgun, easier to handle around corners and easier to sling quickly to the side. It looks like they put a lot of thought into the design, and if they can get the bugs worked out of it, I'm sure they'll have a winner.

All new guns had bugs, I'm willing to bet the early 1911's, (God rest John Browning's soul) had bugs in them too. I bet they're taking their time to get this right because they know if they put it out to market with flaws, they'll get crucified in the gun rags.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Kel Tec Shotgun

am looking forward to seeing one. will hold off on judgement until i go hands on. alas i hope this does not follow the pmr30 as far as availability and function. if it does it will be a long wait.

kel-tec's fit/finish might not be exceptional, but quality i don't believe is an issue.
    my p-11 is great, and i hear they also have exceptional service.

all that really matters is that when you want it to go bang, it doesn't click.
    right?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    is everything in your life as black and white?

LCP's are great, p3at suck,
    HK's are great, Glocks are murderous evil plastic monsters,
    Bonelli is perfect - anybody who buys a KSG is a moron and must love throwing their money away...

some of your post bring the word "elitist" to mind...
    Kel Tec pump vs Benelli M1 semi is a very, very black and white decision for me, yes.

Is it elitist to give the nod to a world class Italian semi auto (which by the way is an original HK design- the 512) over an unproven pump from a company not known for high quality weapons when the prices are about the same? I sure don't think so...

Maybe that's what makes me "elitist?"

If the KSG was $400 or $500, and more competitively priced vs other pump guns, it would be one thing. But charging $800 for it, it was KEL TEC that put the KSG into the Benelli's price range, not me. The comparison is very natural IMO.
    Last edited by Valorius; December 18th, 2011 at 11:16 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast