Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Just for kicks and grins-- If you were a firearms manufacturer...

...what would your lineup look like, and why?

I've just been brainstorming a few things in one of my notebooks (full disclosure-- this was fueled by one too many Manhattan cocktails) and would like to see what everyone else is dreaming up.

Have fun!
    Last edited by calypsocoral; December 18th, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Just for kicks and grins-- If you were a firearms manufacturer...

Nice fix..........
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; December 18th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: Just for sh|ts and grins-- If you were a firearms manufacturer...

Crud... how I do edit the thread title?!?

Edit- Nevermind-- figured it out.
    Last edited by calypsocoral; December 18th, 2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Update

To keep this short, I'd be catering to the current survival trend. So, most of my product line would be high-reliability and stainless steel.

I'd also reach out to aftermarket and third party accessory manufacturers to enhance interoperability, or at least as much as possible without running afoul of the law.

Hypothetical example:
    A stainless revolver with quick-detach barrels & cylinder. Barrels and cylinders are a matched set. As such, it will fire nearly any pistol centerfire cartridge by selecting the right barrel/cylinder set. I know this will pose some challenges, like holding zero or mounting the rear sight on the barrel.

The entire firearm would be finish sanded with 800 grit, NOT polished. That way the end user can touch it up. Sights would be modular & interchangeable, selected by the end-user.

The grip would be synthetic rubber, similar to Pachmayr.

The barrel profile would be optimized for aftermarket sights (laser, flashlights, what-have-you).
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Jefferson County)

I've often dreamed about making my own line of guns. An uncle and I sat down a few times to hash out some designs for a possible future build.

1. Break action single and double barrel rifles and shotguns(budget to collector grades).
    2. Falling block rifles(looking like a Sharps, but beefer)
    3. Break action single shot handguns
    4. A series of revolvers for folks on budgets. I would try to better Taurus' quality, and beat their prices.
    5. Maybe a line of pocket pistols in 22rf, 25acp, 32acp, and 380acp.

Everything would be made in America, except some woods for stocks and grips may have to be imported.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

Id sell virgin shot gun recievers, semi, single, ou, sxs, pump. Id also sell the stocks and barrels and for a fee assemble them. That way you can have a ten inch sxs with a pistol grip and have a AOW instead of sbs. I think id make some money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Somerset County)

Pretty much like Ruger. I would go back to the tang safety model 77's (but use the Hawkeye and 'boat paddle' stocks) and add a basic pump shotgun like the Ithaca 37. Probably a 22 lever and/or pump.

Since we're daydreaming here, I would also produce the Savage 99 again.

Dale

(York County)

Magazine fed, pump action, pistol caliber carbine.

Think of a rem 7600 (only cooler) in 9mm(or .45) with a glock magazine.

also a,

Magazine fed, Bolt Action, Pistol Caliber carbine. like a Spanish Destroyer, only much nicer.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

An intercontinental kinetic kill vehicle. Basically a 1,000lb steel alloy suborbital lawn dart. Falls in from 100 miles up, hitting the target at 10,000mph+.

Of course, I'll need a secret lair, an army of minions, and will be killed by a super agent before I can complete my plot for world domination. But at least I'll have a fun run!

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Lightweight, and stowable would be my line. Stainless, of course, and the simpler the better.

I'm impressed with my AR-7, and it is a cool thing. Having one led my thoughts into other, devious paths.

First, a foolproof copy of the Savage #24 O/U in 22MAG/20ga 3" with 14" bbl and a fold-away skeleton stock ("bicycle gun", one of which my dad had in 22/410 back in the 30's). I'd regulate the barrels and silver-solder them - none of this clunky muzzle block thingie. Make intechangeable barrels for the thing, 22LR/410, 22LR/20ga, 30-30/20ga.

Next would be a 16", 22LR bolt-action rifle with an internal magazine that would NOT GET LOST - or damaged as tubular mags do when roughly used. Minute-of-squirrel accuracy would be my aim. Low, no-snag sights that will stand handling, too - none of this cheap, pressed sheet-metal. Maybe fold-away skeletonized stock here, too.

A small, compact, hi-cap 32ACP semi-auto pistol which would have the facility for threaded muzzle. No, not a Skorpion, some kinda whole, 'nother thing, though their magazine has the 32ACP hi-cap problems worked pretty well out.

I know there would be a hassle with the BATF over design, short barrel, and stuff, but you did say this is a "theoretical" exercise.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast