Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Glock 30SF FTE probs?

Hey guys,

Just totally stripped and cleaned out my 30. So I filled a clip and chambered a round (which was difficult for the first round as it has always been and doesn't worry me) but then i started to cycle the rounds and got through a few then i could only pull the slide about half way back as it would be stuck. Id have to jerk it real hard to get it to eject. Has never done this before. I tried different ammo and different mags with the same result. Some rounds pop out fine then one gets stuck. The gun has maybe 2-300 rounds through it. If it matters the gun was built around 10/2009.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Erik

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock 30SF FTE probs?

I am sure someone will be along with experience...

In the meantime, (SEE PIC)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jachrist View Post
    I am sure someone will be along with experience...

In the meantime, (SEE PIC)
    haha im saving that pic!
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" -Genesis 27:3

are you hand cycling the rounds or live fire?

also is this g30, gen2,3,4? and if its a gen2,3 is was check to see if the extractor is updated and most failure to feeds come from faulty mags.

take the mags apart, clean the inside of the mag, wipe down the springs and hand stretch them out a bit, also make sure you lightly wipe down the black piece that seats the rounds in the mag and wipe on the sides as well, the dirt and grime can slow things down a bit...

http://www.glocktalk.com / hopefully come next year i'll finally get a seat in the glock armorers class...

Thanks for the reply. This is hand cycling. Its never had problems before the full clean. I took a lot of the unnecessary oil out of the gun. Its a Gen 3 SF and does have the updated extractor -1- It seems to feed fine. Its getting the rounds out that seems to be the problem. I imagine in live fire this may not be a problem so Ill just have to take it out. I just started reading horror stories of the 30 SF's. I hope mine doesn't turn out to be one of them. Ive put about 400 rounds through my new gen 3 26 and love it. Put about 100 through my gen 4 22 and didn't notice any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 350CI View Post
    are you hand cycling the rounds or live fire?

also is this g30, gen2,3,4? and if its a gen2,3 is was check to see if the extractor is updated and most failure to feeds come from faulty mags.

take the mags apart, clean the inside of the mag, wipe down the springs and hand stretch them out a bit, also make sure you lightly wipe down the black piece that seats the rounds in the mag and wipe on the sides as well, the dirt and grime can slow things down a bit...

http://www.glocktalk.com / hopefully come next year i'll finally get a seat in the glock armorers class...

(Montgomery County)

Is there any sign of wear on the bottom of the slide, as if it's coming into contact with something?

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned unless you had an FTE while actually firing. I don't routinely manually feed and eject multiple rounds - just the one in the chamber to unload.
    Last edited by toml; December 14th, 2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: correction

(Cumberland County)

Hand cycling ruins ammo an is next to useless in checking for a firearms functionality. Go to the range and shoot it. If you're still having problems, come report them.

There's no reason it should be functioning differently than it was. You probably installed something incorrectly. Strip the entire gun down again and reassemble paying extra attention to detail this time.

Surprised nobody said it yet but, I'll be blunt. Quit playing with it. Its unnecasarry handling and it proves nothing to cycle by hand. Keep playing with live rounds and I see a ND in your future.

As others said, take it to the range to determine cycling/reliability.
    Last edited by brownman; December 16th, 2011 at 03:15 AM.
    and to the dust you shall return