Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sneaky Pete Holsters

I recently bought one of these holsters and thought I would review it.

I have a Keltec PF9. The holster I bought was the basic black model with the belt clip. Other options included a fixed belt loop, with laser (crimson trace) option and the color. Other color options SP has include brown, tan, and red. Although black was the only option on their website for my PF9.

I ordered through the SP website, but they also have an eBay account under pocket solutions. Ordering through the site saved some on shipping since I ordered 2 other cases they offer for Christmas presents. One was for a S&W bodyguard 380 and the other for a Glock 26. Took less than a week to have them delivered, which was a pleasant surprise.

All three came in nice looking boxes, perfect for that Chrismas present look. I compared the sizes of all three since I had them. The smallest was for the S&W. It looked like a slightly larger cellphone case. Next size up, the PF9 case was on the upper end of questionable size. With a jacket however, I don't think it would raise any alarms. The G26 was quite bulkier and larger. Looks a little odd holding up (size wise), but does conceal the firearm nicely. With a jacket, would look better.

The company motto is never dress around your pistol. Well it is a nice looking leather case, so you should dress nicely while wearing it to make it fit in. If I wore camo clothes and had a nice looking leather (larger) case, I think it would look a little odd. You don't have to be wearing a suit or something that requires a tie, just something that you would wear on a date or out to dinner at a decent restaurant that is pricier than say Applebees or TGI Fridays. I have tried mine while wearing slacks and a dress shirt; jeans with an untucked button up. Both looked fine with it.

Watch the video on the Sneaky Pete website for a quick demonstration: http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/index.php?view=1

Bottomline is: Very nice holster for specific functions. I would recomend it for guys who dress nicely. Very comfortable hip holster.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sneaky Pete Holsters

With a name like Sneaky Pete, it's gotta be good. Either that, or I'm going to get molested. I can't imagine anything in between with a name like that.

Thanks for the review. I do need to come up with something for dress clothes in hot weather.

When I need to dress with a tucked in shirt, I still wear a tuckable IWB holster. It conceals extremely well.

This looks like a neat holster though.

(Northampton County)

looks like a good find.
    nice job!
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum"

(Bucks County)

I've been thinking about getting one of these as well.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Thanks for the heads up on a great concealment tool!

OP: Since you already have one of these holsters, I am curious what the draw is like. From the pictures on the website it looked like it may have been difficult to use one's thumb during drawing. I am just going off of the photos, what has your experience been?
    Last edited by jpg5080; December 14th, 2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: watched the video and it addressed my question about the trigger being covered
    will that extra 15% matter? not as much as being able to put one in their face. ~Edg

Quote Originally Posted by jpg5080 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on a great concealment tool!

OP: Since you already have one of these holsters, I am curious what the draw is like. From the pictures on the website it looked like it may have been difficult to use one's thumb during drawing. I am just going off of the photos, what has your experience been?
    It's not like drawing from a regular holster, but it's not ver difficult either. After a little break in, you can pull up with your middle-pinky fingers and keeping your index finger across the top. I usually flick the cover with my thumb and draw out. As the weapon comes out the thumb covers. It ends up being a nice fluid movement

(Northampton County)

I'm not certain but I think I might have seen somebody wearing one of these a few days before this thread was started. Of course, I didn't know what it was at the time. It just looked a little big to be holding a cellphone. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me.

What do you say if somebody asks you what it is? I would ask. If you say it's your cellphone, better hope it's not a geek who wants to know all about how the neat case works. Going to seem a little strange when you politely refuse. Also, better not show your real cellphone after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    What do you say if somebody asks you what it is?
    "ugh.... it's my man purse"

Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    "ugh.... it's my man purse"

it's a leather european carry all!

If asked I would say it's a company issued PDA/GPS/some new device that work is having me use to track certain items/people/data. I cant' show it to you because it's patent pending right now.

or it's my insulin kit because I have diabetes.

it's a small machine to measure your heart rate and pressure because you're sick with some heart disease and the doctor said you have to wear it. you wouldn't want to take it out and mess up the cycle.

or you're a doctor and its a small emergency medical kit your wife bought you

the possibilities are really endless and you can be creative (TV didn't ruin my imagination when growing up!). People will believe anything as long as you say it genuinely, even if it's not.

I don't see too many people asking besides friends and family. People that are comfortable enough to ask you. Those people know I carry anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast