Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Under the Influence.

All this talk makes me want a drink... Bloody Mary anyone? It's an hour or two too early to start drinking the brown stuff.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    All this talk makes me want a drink... Bloody Mary anyone? It's an hour or two too early to start drinking the brown stuff.
    It's never too early for the brown stuff...especially if you still have Christmas shopping to do.

This is a tough question....it is not illegal to drink while carrying your firearm. IMHO, you are damned if you do, damned if you don't (I do).

We carry our firearm to protect ourselves and our loved ones. In my opinion, you are far more likely to run into trouble at a bar than most other places. This statement certainly applies more to some bars than others. If you were challenged by somebody with beer muscles, then followed outside and attacked when you tried to leave, would you be happy that you left your firearm at home that night? That being said, the best defense is to avoid trouble spots all together. I rarely go to bars, and when I do, I don't often drink to excess. When I do, this often constitutes a mild buzz at best. I also avoid bars that are notorious trouble spots. Many on this thread also make a valid argument for why you shouldn't carry a gun at the bar. To answer this question, you need to be honest with yourself. Do you frequently drink to excess or black out? If so, can you really trust that you won't do something incredibly stupid with your gun while in that state? It certainly won't look good if you are ever so unfortunate as to have to use your gun while at a bar (and after drinking). Nonetheless, it would be a welcomed alternative to being mugged or beaten to death.

Just my .02

(Lackawanna County)

This is why I'm glad I usually work weekends. I prefer to go during the week with a friend or two when the place isn't full of people looking to get shitty drunk. There will be one or two others and people duck in for one then leave. I went last week and cut myself off at three short beers in the five hours I was there, no shots. No heavy drinkers there either. I prefer it that way. Give me a quiet little place where I can swap stories and no one is lining up the shots. Perfect!
    Yes I carried. You can tell who doesnt think you should be drinking. I had one beer at a meet n greet and looked around. Got a few glares and noticed one or two others enjoying a frosty one. No reason in my opinion not to enjoy even one.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345