Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default What gives with certain places?

I'll be the first to admit, sometimes I go a bit off the deep end about some things...I'll admit that sometimes I don't really think things out before I decide on a course of action...but there are still things that I can understand and accept, even though they piss me off.

Case-in-point: My wife and I were out the other day doing some of the dreaded "Christmas Shopping"...and she decided to stop at Toys'R'Us.I'd heard the rumors...and then they turned out to be true. There was the ubiquitious sign on the door forbidding any 2nd Amendment-loving carrier from being on the premesis.
    So instead, I said some rather unkind words about their corporate policy makers' parentage and probable canine ancestry, and went to the Army/Navy next door.

What I don't get is why? What do these morons have against people practicing their earned right as an American citizen? I can understand the rules about courthouses, and federal buildings et al...but c'mon, a flipping toy store? WTF, over?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: What gives with certain places?

Ask them what do these places have in common - Luby's Cafeteria, Virginia Tech, Columbine, Long Island RR, and Toys R Us?

(Northampton County)

All involve young, dumb kids?

(Delaware County)

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    So called Gun Free Zone shootings.
    I wouldn't count the Toys R Us shooting, since the two guys shot each other to death. So I'd tell them "There were mass shootings in all of those gun-free places, because the shooter knew all of his victims would be unarmed... except for Toys R Us; yours just hasn't happened yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    I'll be the first to admit, sometimes I go a bit off the deep end about some things...I'll admit that sometimes I don't really think things out before I decide on a course of action...but there are still things that I can understand and accept, even though they piss me off.

Case-in-point: My wife and I were out the other day doing some of the dreaded "Christmas Shopping"...and she decided to stop at Toys'R'Us.I'd heard the rumors...and then they turned out to be true. There was the ubiquitious sign on the door forbidding any 2nd Amendment-loving carrier from being on the premesis.
    So instead, I said some rather unkind words about their corporate policy makers' parentage and probable canine ancestry, and went to the Army/Navy next door.

What I don't get is why? What do these morons have against people practicing their earned right as an American citizen? I can understand the rules about courthouses, and federal buildings et al...but c'mon, a flipping toy store? WTF, over?
    they have earned the right as Americans to do as they wish within the bounds of private property . one may not agree with another's choice but one must respect the rights of all Americans and the property they posses.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

Micky, it was good meeting you at Army Navy!

Stop in more often. Never know what is going to be there.

(Northampton County)

tsor39, it was good meeting you too. Whenever I'm up that way, I'll be sure to stop in. You guys have a great selection there, and the prices are pretty good. Not to mention the service is outstanding. Great place to spend the wife's shopping trip holed up at.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    they have earned the right as Americans to do as they wish within the bounds of private property . one may not agree with another's choice but one must respect the rights of all Americans and the property they posses.
    Agreed. I somewhat-respectfully left the premesis, and neither myself nor my $ will be coming back there. I won't support stupidity, but they are well within their rights to invite disaster if they so choose. I respect their rights, even if I don't agree with 'em. Kinda have to respect their rights, I spent the last 4 years ensuring they stay in place.

C'mon man. Think of all the kids and soccer moms. Those things are dangerous and we wouldnt wanna upset anyone (unless youre a freedom lovin, 2A supportin, red blooded American of course. We dont give a shit about you)
    and to the dust you shall return

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast