Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: What gives with certain places?

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Agreed. I somewhat-respectfully left the premesis, and neither myself nor my $ will be coming back there. I won't support stupidity, but they are well within their rights to invite disaster if they so choose. I respect their rights, even if I don't agree with 'em. Kinda have to respect their rights, I spent the last 4 years ensuring they stay in place.
    What do you mean invite disaster? They banned guns. Disaster averted. If you carried your gun in there, it may well have jumped out and shot some innocent children.

(Luzerne County)

.I'd heard the rumors...and then they turned out to be true. There was the ubiquitious sign on the door forbidding any 2nd Amendment-loving carrier from being on the premesis.
    I apparently had not heard the rumors. I was going to ask if this is a corporate policy but a quick volley of Googling seemingly turned up the answer: it is a corporate policy. I am usually pretty vigilant about looking for signs when I enter a store but I can't say I have ever noticed a sign on our local Babies R Us or Toys R Us. I guess I will have to look closer and possibly wait in the car the next time the wife says we need to stock up on formula.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    What do you mean invite disaster? They banned guns. Disaster averted. If you carried your gun in there, it may well have jumped out and shot some innocent children.
    Check out this article in the Trib - shooting in West Homestead involving 3 teenagers, at least 15 rounds, 14-yr old shot in the back and killed. When they say their policy is "for the kids", they mean it!

The Toys R us in Whitehall used to hide the sign behind the garbage can. I don't know if they still do it. I used to go there with my son, till I read somewhere about their policy. Then I looked for the sign, and there it was behind the garbage can. I haven't gone there since. Did you ever notice that they don't sell toy guns at all?

What I don't get is why? What do these morons have against people practicing their earned right as an American citizen? I can understand the rules about courthouses, and federal buildings et al...but c'mon, a flipping toy store? WTF, over?
    People have been conditioned to be terrified of guns. The antis have chanted their litany over and over, guns kill, guns are evil, guns will hurt you, to the point where many people are scared stiff. Today I met a friend of mine who I met through the board here for lunch at the Starlite. I was OC with a big ole 1911. After ordering, I excused myself to wash my hands. I found out after lunch from my buddy that the woman sitting next to us about died of fright when she spotted my gun. The man she was with settled her down, telling her there was nothing to worry about.

So it is in toy stores and other places. People are conditioned to fear guns, and especially when there are children involved. "Think of the children! What if children were present!?!" We have all heard these phrases uttered. And for much of the time, there is no sensible bystander to calm the hysterical person down. I've seen men get hysterical over the sight of a gun, and that is sad. Men, frightened of a hunk of steel and wood (or plastic for some of you). It's pathetic, but it is the way things are.

(Northampton County)

The Starlite eh? I use to live in New Smithville for quite a while, and I've spent many an evening at the Starlite. Mediocre food, hell to get to due to the traffic on 100...but great all the same!
    Popichak is probably trolling this for his next story...

(Bucks County)

The sad thing is, criminals will bring guns any where they darn well please.

I might have already posted this, but I remember a couple years ago when there was a shooting out at the Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake City, Utah. My parents live in that area and I had been out there before so it caught my eye. Just a random shooter going into various shops and picking people off. Finally after several minutes of shooting people, an off-duty police officer saw what was going on, and took him down.

If there had been nobody legally carrying in that mall, many, many more people would have died.

THAT is why places NEED to allow legal weapons. If nobody has a legal weapon in any one given place, then the criminals have free range to do as they please. And that's really scary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12