Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: McCauslinRifles

Default McCauslinRifles

http://mccauslinrifles.com/

I have been looking for a competent gunsmith in the Harrisburg, York, Carlisle area to help me finish my sporter project.

I was given a recommendation on this forum about the above company.

I have now contacted them three times with zero response back.

1st: The first was done through their website. They have a form to fill out and submit. I did so over three weeks ago. With no response back yet.

2nd: The second was done the same as the first. This was last Sunday. Again zero response back.

3rd: There is an e-mail address on their website. I sent them one via my private e-mail address on December 6th, 2011. Again no response back.

Now I have yet to call them. This is my next step.

However right now they are leaving a bad taste in my mouth with the lack of response. I am not sure if they are on vacation or what here but I would think they could respond to an e-mail in about a five week period. If they can't do that they don't deserve my business or anyone else's.

Their website isn't even fully up and running which worries me as well.

Right now they get a bad review from me.
    Last edited by PA1936MN; December 12th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: McCauslinRifles

I would just give Chad a call.
    Mon, Wed, Friday between 9am-5pm.
    He is open Tues. and Thursday's but those days are for working on his customers firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8 View Post
    I would just give Chad a call.
    Mon, Wed, Friday between 9am-5pm.
    He is open Tues. and Thursday's but those days are for working on his customers firearms.
    Like I said I am going to call. However I would think that three e-mails in a five week period roughly would be responded to. If you can't respond to an e-mail then you really shouldn't have the option on your website in my mind.

Also if they are ignoring the e-mails because they don't want to do the project that is awful in my mind. Simply respond with were not interested in doing the project. Plain and simple and gets the point across. Simply not responding tells me they aren't interested, they don't care & they could care less about gaining more business.

Busy or not you have time to respond to e-mails, you have time to answer phone calls and respond to left messages if a message were to be left.
    Last edited by PA1936MN; December 14th, 2011 at 02:45 AM.

I just got off the phone with them and I feel better in going with this company now.

I didn't ask about the not responded to e-mails. Didn't feel it was needed.

However the guy on the other line forget his name, was very nice and seemed genuinely interested in the project and did give me a rough estimate on smithing costs.

I now feel comfortable with this company and will most likely be going with them to finish the project.

So as far as e-mail response go not happy but as far over the phone service goes I am very pleased. Even gave me a backlog time estimate.

Dropped off my rifle there last week. The guy said 2-3 weeks and I should have it back!

- Pillar bedding
    - Inletting for magazine to mate with action
    - Inletting for bent bolt
    - Scope mount install
    - Scope install
    - Timney trigger install

These are the things I am having him do. The guy was very friendly and seems very enthusiastic about his work. The place is small but it was busy with one guy in front of me and another coming in close to when I was leaving and another guy in the parking lot.

It is out of the way, but not hard to get to or find.