Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Best place in Chester county for Springfield xd40

Hi, I am looking for a new hand gun. I really want a Springfield XD40. I have looked at French creek outfitters and they seem on the high side. Anyone have any suggestion on a gun shop that may be cheaper?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Best place in Chester county for Springfield xd40

Targetmaster is close

Gordan's Sports Supply is close

if youre really tight on cash, there are gun shows all the time around here, and they will have tons of XDs

(Chester County)

Cool thanks! I might check out Gordons. Target master seems high priced also. I think I will go to the oaks gun show this weekend maybe I can find a good deal there. Thanks again!

(Chester County)

Gordon's only stocks used, but they've ordered new guns for me and I've gotten some great deals there. They're my go-to place for hunting and fishing supplies. They may not be able to match on-line or big box store prices, but Larry Gordon and his boys know their stuff so you'll get the straight poop about anything they sell. You should also check Kings Shooter Supply/Better Bullets in King of Prussia. Just a straight shot up 202N from W. Chester and then about a mile or two down Henderson after you pass the mall. They often have guns they're selling on consignment so when I see something I like but seems a little pricey I'll make an offer and they call the owner to see if they'll accept. They've also ordered new guns for me at great prices.

They both have very limited stock, but when they have what you want you can't beat the price. I've been given the bums rush at French Creek Outfitters and Target World and won't step in either one anymore, but Gordons and Kings are small family businesses that'll spend as much time with as you need, or they'll leave you alone to browse until you're ready to fondle something.

Gordons Sports Supply

Kings Shooter Supply
    Last edited by str8shooter; December 12th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.

(Chester County)

Thank you sir. I have been at Gordons once about a year ago and they seem very nice there. I know where kings is but have never been in.

(Chester County)

Roger and Pat from Kings will probably be at the Eagle Arms show in Oaks this weekend. They've always been at the Valley Forge show, and since that's gone the way of the dinosaur I imaging they'll be setting up at Oaks instead.

(Chester County)

Yeah it's looking like i am going to the Oaks show. I think it's my best bet. Do you have any idea how much xd40s go for at gun shows? I know there will be high ballers there. But I am sure there has to be some reasonable priced there.

(Chester County)

Not sure, but used Springers are pretty common which helps drive down the prices at shows. I've seen dealers scout out other tables and then come back and lower the prices on their own guns to undercut the competition. If Kings Shooter Supply does have a table look for the blue tags. They're the consignment guns and your best bet at striking a great deal, but if you do make an offer expect whoever's manning the table to ask you if you're serious. They don't want to go calling the owner and talk him into taking a lower price only to have the buyer back out. It wastes everyone's time and creates ill will.

(Chester County)

Cool thanks for all the help man!!

(Chester County)

I second using Kings Shoots Supply. I have purchased at least ten different guns from Roger and Pat and now get the friendly greeting 2 seconds after I am in the door. The place is small but has everything you need. The have a good selections of XD's although I am a SIG and KAHR guy. They will be at Oaks this weekend but the store will be open but usually just a crew to help people with pickups or questions. I would definitely hit the show but it is hard to shop the show since its more of a see it, sign for it and and move on situation not good for asking lots of questions due to the masses of people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast