Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Moscow PA here I come

Hello again everyone.

So here I am in Moscow now and I haven't been to a range since last summer!! I have a couple of rifles and a pistol with new optics on them and are just itching to digest some ammo.

regarding some place to shoot. I admit to being picky with where I choose to chew up some ammo. My biggest fears are the pinheads that can show up at State run shooting ranges. The one I've been to a few times over by Pittsburgh could sometimes get overrun with people and with no RO on hand, things get a bit scary soo.. please help me find a nice safe place to shoot.

I was a member of White Oak Rod and Gun over in Irwin Pa on and off all of my life and outside of organized events the place was often empty which was heaven for me. I'd love to find a place like that.

When I lived in Seattle I was a member of Renton Fish and Game which is a full featured and often very busy club, but they had a terrific RO and I liked it there as well. I also had the inside scoop on an out of the way place where we could go and blast gallon jugs of water and pop cans and stuff as long as we cleaned up after ourselves.. I'd *love* to find a place like that. Hickok45 shooting as I now call it.

I hear Moscow has a club but there is a wait time for membership. Is this correct?

What about Tobyhanna? I hear there is a RO on duty there?

Any help for a lost soul looking for a fun safe place to shoot?

Thanks again for any assistance.

(Lackawanna County)

Factoryville Sportsmen's Club
    Wilkes-Barre Rifle and Pistol Club

These are the two best options. Neither one is exactly close to Moscow, both can take 40 minutes some days. They're very nice clubs with good people, but they do require sponsors to join. The best bet is to attend an IDPA or other "open to the public" match and meet some people.

The two closest Gameland ranges are Tobyhanna and Archibald. They're closer than the other two, only about 15 miles from Moscow, but as you've mentioned, you get the occasional yahoo.

I used to live in moscow... Is the state range still down there at the end of 307 in Gouldsboro? I used to shoot and fish there all the time.

(Lackawanna County)

Nope closed down after they caught the terrorists training there a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Nope closed down after they caught the terrorists training there a few years ago.
    ...say WHAT?! On the Indiana gun owners forum i'm on, we put sarcastic/tongue in cheek text in purple... so, at the moment, I can't tell if you're kidding... is there a news story you could link?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    Factoryville Sportsmen's Club
    Wilkes-Barre Rifle and Pistol Club

These are the two best options. Neither one is exactly close to Moscow, both can take 40 minutes some days. They're very nice clubs with good people, but they do require sponsors to join. The best bet is to attend an IDPA or other "open to the public" match and meet some people.

The two closest Gameland ranges are Tobyhanna and Archibald. They're closer than the other two, only about 15 miles from Moscow, but as you've mentioned, you get the occasional yahoo.
    My auntie lives in Moscow and use to frequent Tobyhanna, she claims its much better than Archibald. just my 2. cents. I been to Archibald plenty but not lately, last I heard its gone to pot.

(Lackawanna County)

(Wayne County)

Watchman welcome. I'm not to far from you, up Jubilee rd. 6 miles. Tobyhanna sgl range is not bad, just watch when you go and make sure you have your hunting license or permit on you. Archbald state range is only 22 miles from us and they have a 200 yard range, thats why I like going there. FuDa is not bad, China Star by the post office is a little funny, the last time I went there they wanted the money first before they cooked the order. 45 minutes and I was not the only one waiting. YoPo in Hamlin is the best around. Medicinos for Italian, Yknot for burgers and beer, I should be there Sat. Night. Went to Pappys the other night and nothing good happened, told that the sausage might be bad and the pizza was made from american cheese. Advanced arms has lots of toys but they open after 2 pm. Loose Cannon has no inventory, Hunters Gallery is OK if you stay on them. Drive east from Hamlin and you have Hemlock Gun Shop and the one at the end of 590 and rte 6. Its nice when your retired. You also have the VFW and American Legion for cheap beer. OK enough. Bye

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    wow, that's jacked up... can you still get back there for fishing? there was some damn fine trout fishing back through there..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12