Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Moscow PA here I come

Hello folks,

It looks like I'll be spending a year in Moscow PA. I'll be moving up around January or there abouts. So where are the hangouts in Moscow PA? I'll be looking for a nice safe range and hopefully someplace a bit off the beaten path to plink pop cans and water jugs. I would also appreciate any advice on the gun shops in the area for potential hang out and occasional purchase/sale.

Thank you.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Moscow PA here I come

The state game lands range in tobyhanna is a few minutes down i380 from Moscow and the best gun shop in NEPA (advanced arms) is about 15-20 minutes south of Moscow in pittston. As for plinking cans, it shouldn't be hard to find a place as Moscow is already off the beaten path lol. Try Mendicino's for pizza and hoagies just up the road in daleville.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    The state game lands range in tobyhanna is a few minutes down i380 from Moscow and the best gun shop in NEPA (advanced arms) is about 15-20 minutes south of Moscow in pittston. As for plinking cans, it shouldn't be hard to find a place as Moscow is already off the beaten path lol. Try Mendicino's for pizza and hoagies just up the road in daleville.
    And Fuda makes some of the best Chinese I've had in years.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Pittston is a bit farther than 15-20 minutes away from Moscow, it's closer to 30 minutes. There's actually a gun shop in Gouldsboro, which is right next door to it, on route PA 507, but I can't remember the name of it. It's run out a of motorcycle/small engine repair shop; the guy who owns the shop has a small spot in the back where he sells guns, for pretty good prices. Also, Hunter's Gallery is on route PA 590 in Hamlin, which is also closer than Pittston is.

The quickest way to get to Pittston from Moscow, aside from taking the highway, is to take route PA 502 all the way to Moosic, then drive through Moosic on route US 11 South until you hit North Main.

There's a lot of woods around Moscow, but most of it is either SGL or private property. I wouldn't go walking around shooting at stuff unless you want to get picked up by staties or cited by PGC officers.

Kay's Diner has some of the best food in the area, and who can say no to a dining room made out of old box car and filled with animal heads mounted to the wall? Everything I've eaten there is great. It's one of my favorite diners.

There's not much in the way of hangouts there, besides a couple of bars, and the Grandview, which is a BYOB, full nude strip club. But it's quiet, and relatively safe, and Scranton is right down the road.

(Lackawanna County)

Maybe 30 minutes how you drive lol but I can get from church street in Moscow to pittston in 20 minutes

Loose Cannon Gun shop in Moscow,seems small till you go to back of property Larry asnd Keith are some good people.

(Wyoming County)

Bill's Sporting Goods

Gun Toters

Hunters Gallery

Very close to you also

(Lackawanna County)

Let me know when you get here and I'll be happy to give you the lay of the land.

Why the move? Just curious, 'cause it's not exactly a "destination."

(Luzerne County)

I'm here now.

It's nice here.. Windy and cold but nice.

I already tried Fuda.. I have the discount card now.

As for why I am here. Long family story that ended with me needing to walk away from many things. My cousin has a cabin here and offered to let me stay for a year so I can get my bearings again.

Thanks for the input folks.

(Lackawanna County)

Welcome to the area...I'm about 15 minutes north at the 81 end of 380, or straight down 307.

(whoops...wrong Moscow!)

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (90.2 KB, 164 views)
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast