Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Need to break out my "lefty" holsters

An old timer/mentor passed these words of wisdom down to me in mid '50s, " there comes a time in every mans life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps".

Like the "fool" I am, I chose to go against those words of wisdom and allowed my son to talk me into getting into the boxing ring to do some sparring with the young ens. I was pretty much holding my own until I threw a full power right cross & the pain shot up my right arm to the elbow. A trip to the ER proved what I was afraid of. I broke two fingers and a knuckle of my right hand.

So, until the right paw heals I guess you can just call me "lefty."
    As this is the second or third time I have had be "lefty". I practice weak hand shooting weekly at the range.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Need to break out my "lefty" holsters

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    An old timer/mentor passed these words of wisdom down to me in mid '50s, " there comes a time in every mans life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps".

Like the "fool" I am, I chose to go against those words of wisdom and allowed my son to talk me into getting into the boxing ring to do some sparring with the young ens. I was pretty much holding my own until I threw a full power right cross & the pain shot up my right arm to the elbow. A trip to the ER proved what I was afraid of. I broke two fingers and a knuckle of my right hand.

So, until the right paw heals I guess you can just call me "lefty."
    As this is the second or third time I have had be "lefty". I practice weak hand shooting weekly at the range.
    Ouch. Boxing is a young man's sport! At least you're prepared. Hope it heals, quickly.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Berks County)

Feel better hun!
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" -Genesis 27:3

(Delaware County)

With age is suppose to come wisdom,,,,,,with some of us (me included) age often times comes alone..............

EDIT: Get well soon,,,,,probably around mid March you'll be shooting just fine.
    Last edited by thundrr1; December 13th, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    With age is suppose to come wisdom,,,,,,with some of us (me included) age often times comes alone..............

EDIT: Get well soon,,,,,probably around mid March you'll be shooting just fine.

I hope you're right; but I think it may take a little longer, since I turned 60 several years ago. I find I don't heal as quickly as I did when I was a young'en.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!