Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 'Run the Serial Number...'

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    At the same time, if you know how to talk to people, and cops specifically...you'd be amazed at what you can get away with even if you get caught redhanded.

Real world example: The serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer got caught practically red handed when one of his victims (an Asian man IIRC) escaped- butt ass naked- and ran to passing cops for help. Dahmer convinced the popo that the kid was just upset, and was his lover.

The cops actually handed the kid back over to Dahmer...who subsequently murdered and cannibalized the victim.
    It was a child and a neighbor called to say that it was a child and she later followed up and the cop dismissed her claims that it was a child.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    At the same time, if you know how to talk to people, and cops specifically...you'd be amazed at what you can get away with even if you get caught redhanded.

Real world example: The serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer got caught practically red handed when one of his victims (an Asian man IIRC) escaped- butt ass naked- and ran to passing cops for help. Dahmer convinced the popo that the kid was just upset, and was his lover.

The cops actually handed the kid back over to Dahmer...who subsequently murdered and cannibalized the victim.
    Sometimes people get lucky.

What I am talking about is how bad it could get for me if I was doing nothing wrong or had a minor infraction which has nothing to do with my being armed. So officer safety has them disarming me. Then they can't find the s/n to run it. They probably would ask me about it but I would clam up at that point (except maybe to say I don't consent to any searches) and see if they dig themselves deeper. If they open the grips, I think they are going too far in a warrentless search not to mention wasting my time by being effectively detained. If they don't find the s/n they might try to take me in for suspicion of removing s/n. Again, there would be no justification in the first place. So now I would be falsely or unjustly arrested.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    PA has licence plate readers that scan and automatically check tag numbers.

So... I guess that's against the law too. The thing is that the licence plate is there so that officers can indentify the driver if they violate the law and so they can consistantly check to see if the vehicle was stolen.
    You are correct sir. I know for a fact that PSP that patrols the PA Turnpike (Troop T) have 2 cameras mounted on the trunk and a camera mounted in the overhead rack lights that constantly run every license plate it sees while the trooper drives the car. If something is wrong with the tag/plate the trooper is alerted by his on board computer and probably would make a traffic stop on that vehicle.

Reading, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    From this thread posted by a police officer:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/156...forcement.html
    Great link. A ton of info in it. Thanks.

(Clearfield County)

I just had this happen to me. I was allegedly did a rolling stop. Was very polite when pulled over. Told the cop I had my CCW on me and have a licence. He says that's fine just dont reach for it. I give him all my information. He goes to his car and says he now needs to detain it while he does paper work. He removed it in the holster from my belt. Took it out of the holster ran the gun asked me various questions about it. Where I bought it and it wasn't showing up in the system and if the registration was in my name. What does any of this have to do with a stop sign? Why was the gun even removed? I was there about 1 1/2 on my motorcycle. It's a Harley. He came back gave me a ticket and 3 points! I've never had one charge, not one ticket in my life! Plus why was my stop time increased by 3x because he could search my pistol?

hour and a half
    Guerndt, remind the stasi that the "database" is incomplete, and illegal under PA constitution

Tell him registration is against PA law.

§ 6111.4. Registration of firearms.
    Notwithstanding any section of this chapter to the contrary, nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow any government or law enforcement agency or any agent thereof to create, maintain or operate any registry of firearm ownership within this Commonwealth.
    pspconfis.jpg
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guerndt View Post
    Plus why was my stop time increased by 3x because he could search my pistol?
    Because you told him you had a pistol. Should have just stayed quiet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Because you told him you had a pistol. Should have just stayed quiet.
    Sadly, this^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Tell him registration is against PA law.

pspconfis.jpg
    must spread rep

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast