Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: State troopers disarmed me during a traffic stop, awkward but ended positive.

This could now be a mini-saga in the making. Sort of like Twilight, but less glitter.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: State troopers disarmed me during a traffic stop, awkward but ended positive.

I guess thats what you get for buying a white iphone.

(Allegheny County)

I was wondering how you could not know where your gun is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70;1819957[COLOR="Red"
    ]Flame me but the cops have enough shit and danger to deal with on a daily basis. I do not agree with them dumping on the constitution but they have a hard enough job[/COLOR], I saw no reason to delay my night or theirs by arguing with them at every infraction which they made.
    Well, Doctors put up with enough shit too but are you ok with the one about to do brain or open heart surgery on you cut corners cause they can and no one is looking? What is so hard about the job of a State Trooper?
    In the end they were safe, I was safe, and I got on my way quickly. It doesn't make sense to me why so many see it important to lecture them cops when they are doing nothing but keeping themselves safe. Again, I understand that they were not constitutionally correct but I'm not a criminal and have nothing to hide.
    If they wanted safety, they could take on another job less danerous or not stopped you to begin with. One doesn't normally get in trouble unless they go looking for it.
    What reason would anyone resonable not comply with the order of a trooper when they have no idea who you are, think they see a gun, and don't know you are a license to carry holder? That is asking for trouble. Because the law says minus a criminal act, a gun by itself is the same as the pencil on your dashboard and therefore, they should not act upon it. They do know who you are. A Citizen of the United States and Pennsylvania and therefore, are protected from Government intrusion.
    Life is hard enough, it's easy to critique them from arm chairs but as a law abiding citizen I'll let them take some liberties to stay safe. To an extent.
    Yes Sir, your choice. Only problem is, you only empower them to think they are doing right by allowing them to violate the law they are entrusted to uphold.
    If I had been an Iraqi and the Leo were military they would not be slammed for not following ROE would they?
    Let's see, In Iraq, all citizens are allowed to have weapons via their Constitution and don't need a license to carry either. Do you wanna take a guess how many iraqi's I've stopped that were armed with AK's and Pistols and didn't get treated like you did but better? Hundreds! Following the law is following the law.
    I understand these are different scenarios but let them fish, there was nothing to find.
    The difference is if I was the military guy dealing with an Iraqi, he wouldn't have been disarmed and given a false reason for the stop. So, in the end, the Iraqi would have been treated better. I didn't go through a 26 week State Trooper academy but a four hour class on Iraqi Rights and priviledges and I got it right. Whats so hard then for a PA. State Trooper? He's got a whole lot more training and education than I did yet he still choose to do the wrong thing. Go figure.
    A lot will most likely disagree with me though.
    Yes Sir, some of us do disagree but I understand where you are coming from. Peace and ease of travel was and is your priority. No issue with that.

CL
    Last edited by customloaded; December 8th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.

(Lehigh County)

This thread could be epic.

I think, mainly because of OP's opinion that this went well.

I guess it could have been worse.. but it surely could have been better. Don't know what I would have done. But I don't have an iPhone

(Berks County)

^ I knew exactly where it was, it's hard to miss a 5" on your cheek in leather bucket seats. I was wondering how the officer saw my gun and then asked about it being on the floor.

That being said. The shooter TODAY at Virginia tech was pulled over for a traffic violation and was killed. Hence, I will not blame Leo for being cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    ^ I knew exactly where it was, it's hard to miss a 5" on your cheek in leather bucket seats. I was wondering how the officer saw my gun and then asked about it being on the floor.

That being said. The shooter TODAY at Virginia tech was pulled over for a traffic violation and was killed. Hence, I will not blame Leo for being cautious.
    Suspect still at large but a Campus Officer was killed.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/virginia-tech/?GT1=43001

CL

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delcozrt View Post
    We're all adults and are going to handle things our own way. Only things im wondering is what you got a warning for if your tint passed the test and what test was used?
    Quoting myself since my question was overlooked.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Flame me but the cops have enough shit and danger to deal with on a daily basis. I do not agree with them dumping on the constitution but they have a hard enough job, I saw no reason to delay my night or theirs by arguing with them at every infraction which they made.
    Yes, the guy telling them that he has a gun is the REAL danger. They already delayed your night for a bullshit reason, I can understand why you wouldn't want to stand up for your rights.

In the end they were safe, I was safe, and I got on my way quickly. It doesn't make sense to me why so many see it important to lecture them cops when they are doing nothing but keeping themselves safe. Again, I understand that they were not constitutionally correct but I'm not a criminal and have nothing to hide.
    I will not allow a cop to violate my rights with impunity so that they can feel safe. It's sad that you knew what they were doing was wrong, yet let them do it anyway. With a smile on your face.

What reason would anyone resonable not comply with the order of a trooper when they have no idea who you are, think they see a gun, and don't know you are a license to carry holder? That is asking for trouble.
    Perhaps because they DON'T know me, and as such shouldn't treat me like a criminal? Is that a good enough reason?

Life is hard enough, it's easy to critique them from arm chairs but as a law abiding citizen I'll let them take some liberties to stay safe. To an extent.
    As long as they wear a condom when they rape your wife?

If I had been an Iraqi and the Leo were military they would not be slammed for not following ROE would they? I understand these are different scenarios but let them fish, there was nothing to find.
    There is a big difference between a citizen of a country we are at war with and a citizen of the US. I hope you can see the difference.

A lot will most likely disagree with me though.
    Oh, you've got that right at least.
    This was a fail on their part, and yours.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Look, unless your standards are so low that simply making it out of an encounter alive equates to a good encounter, this was not a good encounter. It was a horrible encounter, for the reasons many have detailed above.
    I must admit, my standards are low.
    If I ever find myself in that situation, I will consider it a good outcome if I dont spend time behind bars, have to pick gravel off my face or leave the scene with fewer items than I came with. Not that I have anything illegal, but simply because my everyday carry piece, while completely legal, will not come back to me in any "database". I know who it will come back to, but it wont be me. The best I can hope for is a LEO who knows he has no RAS or who knows the "database" is not a record or ownership.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast