Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: State troopers disarmed me during a traffic stop, awkward but ended positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    All in all, awesome encounter. Courteous officers with a good sense of humor who knew the laws and were extremely professional.

A round of applause for competent LEOs!
    Oh God...........

If you only had a clue

I wouldn't have responded to any of those requests. Lights, Windows, Possible Gun... none of them

(Bucks County)

Default Re: State troopers disarmed me during a traffic stop, awkward but ended positive.

Yeah... those troopers were positive the way an electron is positive... looking for a negative, trying to create a charge.

(Montgomery County)

If you're happy that is all that counts but I wouldn't have let the officer see inside my trunk.

He got a free search of your trunk when you opened it.

I would have told him I'm not comfortable with him putting it in my trunk.

Hand it back to me, its unloaded and I'm not a danger to you.

If he refused I would have said this is going to be an interesting case in court.

If he still refused I wouldn't say anything just stayed put and silent, I'm more stubborn than anyone I know. We might be there until the sun rises.

Furthermore I would never tell him that I had an ounce to drink. I would flat out lied before admitting to have ever having a drink. You gave him RAS once you told him you had a drop.

Where are you going? point forward.
    Where are you coming from? point behind you.
    At most Why did you pull me over? do I have an out taillight?

Do you have a gun on your floor, shakes head no.

Do you have a gun, hand him you ltcf and point at hip.

He did just about everything possible to get you talking so he could smell your breath.

That dbeing said I'm pretty friendly if I don't suspect the police officer is fishing and I haven't done anything that could possibly be considered wrong beyond speeding or whatnot.

When I'm pulled over I often answer the common question "Do you know why I pulled you over" with I don't know but I'm sure you must have a good reason with a big smile .

I never admit anything.

Had some cop yelling at me one stop, I asked him why he was so mad. He went on a rave about how he saw me make the turn onto the road behind him quickly. I asked him how fast he clocked me at because I was sure i wasn't speeding nor did my tires make any noise. He started down some funky paths and when he saw I wasn't going to play calmed down. next thing I know we're laughing and he hands me back my stuff. At no point do I get confrontational, I just keep it logical and calm when getting yelled at.

I can't tell you how many tickets I didn't get and I can tell you that those i get are almost always failure to obey a traffic control device. One stop sign that got pleaded down to that. I often ask officers (who say they are going to cite me for speeding) to turn it into failure to obey a traffic control device so it saves them time so they don't have to deal with me come trial day. They always have.

Revenue generation is all they are there for, or fishing expeditions.

window tint is not a valid reason to pull you over, and it is certainly not illegal unless it does not allow someone to see inside

http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/

you are best answering questions one of 3 ways: with silence, yes, or no

thumbs down for not knowing if your gun was on your hip or on the floor

edit: PA Superior Court overturned a conviction this year for window tint http://www.courts.state.pa.us/OpPost.../A29015_09.pdf
    http://phillydefenselawyer.blogspot....ndow-tint.html
    Last edited by freesoul; December 8th, 2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added links

(Lancaster County)

Yup, illegal stop. How does an officer determine tint is too dark when it's fucking nighttime?

Hope they gave you anal lube for that ass fucking you got.

How happy about this stop would you be if they had decided to seize your firearm because you allowed them to see it in plain sight and it didn't show up in their illegal database?
    Last edited by streaker69; December 8th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Flame me but the cops have enough shit and danger to deal with on a daily basis. I do not agree with them dumping on the constitution but they have a hard enough job, I saw no reason to delay my night or theirs by arguing with them at every infraction which they made.

In the end they were safe, I was safe, and I got on my way quickly. It doesn't make sense to me why so many see it important to lecture them cops when they are doing nothing but keeping themselves safe. Again, I understand that they were not constitutionally correct but I'm not a criminal and have nothing to hide.

What reason would anyone resonable not comply with the order of a trooper when they have no idea who you are, think they see a gun, and don't know you are a license to carry holder? That is asking for trouble.

Life is hard enough, it's easy to critique them from arm chairs but as a law abiding citizen I'll let them take some liberties to stay safe. To an extent.

If I had been an Iraqi and the Leo were military they would not be slammed for not following ROE would they? I understand these are different scenarios but let them fish, there was nothing to find.

A lot will most likely disagree with me though.
    Last edited by Zet70; December 8th, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

I agree with everyone else... an awful stop for you... a great fishing expedition for the troopers.

Wonder if they saw you leave the bar parking lot and thought they might get you on a DUI?

(Delaware County)

We're all adults and are going to handle things our own way. Only things im wondering is what you got a warning for if your tint passed the test and what test was used?
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Flame me but the cops have enough shit and danger to deal with on a daily basis. I do not agree with them dumping on the constitution but they have a hard enough job, I saw no reason to delay my night or theirs by arguing with them at every infraction which they made.

In the end they were safe, I was safe, and I got on my way quickly. It doesn't make sense to me why so many see it important to lecture them cops when they are doing nothing but keeping themselves safe. Again, I understand that they were not constitutionally correct but I'm not a criminal and have nothing to hide.

What reason would anyone resonable not comply with the order of a trooper when they have no idea who you are, think they see a gun, and don't know you are a license to carry holder? That is asking for trouble.

Life is hard enough, it's easy to critique them from arm chairs but as a law abiding citizen I'll let them take some liberties to stay safe. To an extent.

If I had been an Iraqi and the Leo were military they would not be slammed for not following ROE would they? I understand these are different scenarios but let them fish, there was nothing to find.

A lot will most likely disagree with me though.

(Montgomery County)

You just poked all the winners here in the eye.

The PAFOA

cheetahs,
    ninjas,
    fortune tellers, and
    mind readers
    with spidey senses.

are all going to now flood you with a lot of BS. Brace for it.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast