Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Lost LTCF in delco, has anyone dealt with this?

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    The issue I have is that they REVOKE it.... which I strongly disagree with as future applications for CCW/LTCF, resident and non-resident ask the applicant if they have ever been REVOKED before...
    What's worse is they don't tell you it was revoked in order for the replacement license to be processed, you assume it was just replaced, so on the next renewal you could end up inadvertently lying by saying no to the revoked question.

(Philadelphia County)

i was just looking mine over and i see a section on the license that has check boxes saying NEW, RENEW, and DUPL/CORRECTION. on your wifes card is the duplicate box marked ?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by magras View Post
    i was just looking mine over and i see a section on the license that has check boxes saying NEW, RENEW, and DUPL/CORRECTION. on your wifes card is the duplicate box marked ?
    Nope, new. Her current license was issued before the statewide consistency changeover last year, there was no "correction" box, just New, Re-New and Duplicate. (yes that's how renew appears on the license)

(Lackawanna County)

I've lost mine once, and it was destroyed once. The sheriff simply mailed me a new one both times.

It's the slip of paper kind not the card kind.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    The issue I have is that they REVOKE it.... which I strongly disagree with as future applications for CCW/LTCF, resident and non-resident ask the applicant if they have ever been REVOKED before...
    If they dont revoke the LTCF and someone finds it takes your numbers and makes up a new one that looks like yours but with their picture. Then if they get stopped it looks legit they call it in with the numbers and it comes back clean. But in reality this guy has felony convictions and the reason hes getting away with this is because they just issue a duplicate and not revoke it. So it makes sense that they would revoke it and make you reapply and give you a brand new on with all new numbers.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    If they dont revoke the LTCF and someone finds it takes your numbers and makes up a new one that looks like yours but with their picture. Then if they get stopped it looks legit they call it in with the numbers and it comes back clean. But in reality this guy has felony convictions and the reason hes getting away with this is because they just issue a duplicate and not revoke it. So it makes sense that they would revoke it and make you reapply and give you a brand new on with all new numbers.
    No, it doesn't make sense. It should be canceled or manually expired, but not revoked.

There is no requirement by law for any LTCF holder to turn in their expired LTCF during renewal. Think of all the LTCFs out there!
    Anyone of them could be used to create a fake ID. Pointless argument.

(Delaware County)

One problem with the point you are trying to make is that we would be punished for something that could happen if we loose our ltcf and a criminal finds it. IMO that is about as far from what the COTUS means as you can get.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    One problem with the point you are trying to make is that we would be punished for something that could happen if we loose our ltcf and a criminal finds it. IMO that is about as far from what the COTUS means as you can get.
    Well if you want to, i guess you could think of it as a punishment for loosing it in the first place, lol

I guess you could look at it this way. Say someone does find it and change it and use the numbers and start using it. If a cop does run the number and it just comes back canceled or expired as someone said they should do and the cop is nice and says to the guy "Ill let you slide this time as something may have gotten messed up just get it taken care of" and sends him on his way. Where if the Revoke it and the cop runs the numbers and it comes up revoked then that would be a clue for the cop "Hey this licence is revoked dont pass go dont collect your $200" cause we all know that all cops aren't that smart.
    Last edited by CartBone69; January 7th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

(Delaware County)

Well if you want to, i guess you could think of it as a punishment for loosing it in the first place, lol

I guess you could look at it this way. Say someone does find it and change it and use the numbers and start using it. If a cop does run the number and it just comes back canceled or expired as someone said they should do and the cop is nice and says to the guy "Ill let you slide this time as something may have gotten messed up just get it taken care of" and sends him on his way. Where if the Revoke it and the cop runs the numbers and it comes up revoked then that would be a clue for the cop "Hey this licence is revoked dont pass go dont collect your $200" cause we all know that all cops aren't that smart.
    Like I said I can see the point you are trying to make, I just don't agree with it. We should not have to get a ltcf in the first place so why should it be even more of a pain in the ass to get a copy if we lose one? Criminals are going to commit criminal acts no matter what the laws are, that should not affect the law abiding citizens.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12