Hi Everyone,

There is an act currently in the Homeland Security Committee which has 17 senators in membership called the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act (HR-1955).

Here is a link:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h110-1955

This act is a serious threat to groups such as yourself and the NRA and anyone who will ever need to stand up against oppression. It is the next in a series of major assaults on our civil liberties. It will attempt to establish a committee which will have the power to monitor groups such is the NRA or yourselves and decide whether or not you "might become" violent. The act uses ambiguous language.

"(4) IDEOLOGICALLY BASED VIOLENCE- The term `ideologically based violence' means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs."

Next Friday, Feb. 1st, we are organizing a large group to go in person to Senator Casey's Scranton office at 409 Lackawanna Ave. 3rd floor and file pre-emptive complaints about this act in the event that it hits his desk...which it likely will in the near future.

After the patriot act and REAL ID, we cannot afford to continue to let these things slip by.

Friday 11 AM PLEASE JOIN US AND STOP THIS ASSAULT ON OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES IN ITS TRACKS.

This could be one of the most important things we will have to battle. I believe strongly that with every step these people take toward dismantling our U.S. Constitution, we are that much closer to losing our guns. That is the last step toward a breakdown in everything our forefathers fought for.

E-mail me at southerncross9@gmail.com

All those in Lackawanna County, please join us. Those who cannot make it, please send me a statement with your vote on this act and name. We will be bringing a pile of statements from those who cannot show. However, people "force" right now is critical so they can see that we are not going to take this sitting down.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from some of you.

Sarah O'Neill