Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ruger SR9C Vs. Glock 19, Ruger vs. the Champ.

It's definitely way out of the norm for a Glock to have issues like that. They've said it was the recoil spring assembly, the ejector, some say you need to shoot 124 or higher grain loads and that 115 is too light for the gun, etc. Either way, you should be able to pick it up (like any other previous model glock) and pull the trigger even with a 115gr 9mm.

I don't know whether it also transfers to the 40's or whether it's specifically a 9mm problem.

I guarantee you I'll own a Gen 3 Glock in the next few months. I want a 45 subcompact, so I'm probably going to pick up a G30, soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ckk09 View Post
    It's definitely way out of the norm for a Glock to have issues like that. They've said it was the recoil spring assembly, the ejector, some say you need to shoot 124 or higher grain loads and that 115 is too light for the gun, etc. Either way, you should be able to pick it up (like any other previous model glock) and pull the trigger even with a 115gr 9mm.

I don't know whether it also transfers to the 40's or whether it's specifically a 9mm problem.

I guarantee you I'll own a Gen 3 Glock in the next few months. I want a 45 subcompact, so I'm probably going to pick up a G30, soon!

456 - Sometimes upgrades are three steps forward and 6 steps backwards. I think the 4th Gen Glocks look and feel better. But I'll take a 3rd on 2nd Gen Glock anyday over the 4 Gens right now. There was a time any Glock you picked up would perform now they are sounding like past year Taurus.

What to hell happen to Glock perfection? As one of there ads speak of.

(Wyoming County)

My buddy and I were shooting his forth gen Glock 19 which had some problems. He also brought along his friend so we could teach her some gun safety. The Glock 19 was great for him and I, but for her it jammed almost every round. I don't really buy into the whole limp wristing thing (It should feed and eject properly no matter how its held), but it was a major problem when she was shooting it. I think I'm going to stick to the Gen 3's I like how they feel and shoot.
    Last edited by shooker8; December 9th, 2011 at 10:43 AM.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Franklin County)

Ive been considering "upgrading" from my gen2 19 but I just may keep it.
    Its funny, I bought it new back in 91 or 92. I took alot of crap for buying a plastic gun, to the point I was almost ashamed to take it to the range. Remember when plastic guns were not cool? Now that is the very gun which other guns are judged against.

Reading, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooker8 View Post
    My buddy and I were shooting his forth gen Glock 19 which had some problems. He also brought along his friend so we could teach her some gun safety. The Glock 19 was great for him and I, but for her it jammed almost every round. I don't really buy into the whole limp wristing thing (It should feed and eject properly no matter how its held), but it was a major problem when she was shooting it. I think I'm going to stick to the Gen 3's I like how they feel and shoot.
    the first time I shot a gun it was the Gen 4 G19. I had two FTEs. Since it was my first time shoorting, I am pretty sure it was because of me limp wristing though. For some reason though, I love the way the Gen 4 feels in my hand and I thought the Gen 3 would feel the same, but it didn't unfortunately. It just wasn't the same . Anyway, when I also tried the Ruger SR9 and SR9c. The SR9 felt awesome in my hand, but the compact was a little too short in the back. Again, anotehr bummer. I would love to have the SR9c. Definitely going with the Gen 4 G19 for my first gun though.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I was shooting 115 grain rounds.
    Last edited by Taco; December 10th, 2011 at 03:58 AM.

(Wyoming County)

I have never had a failure with gen 4, so I question it. It should be flawless with everyone.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Monroe County)

I have never had a failure with gen 4, so I question it. It should be flawless with everyone.
    THe laws of physics doesnt work that way- to every action there is a equal and opposite reaction.

If the shooter doesnt offer enough reaction to the recoil impulse any gun can have a what we call a limp wrist situation . Not every gun will be "flawless" for everyone for the simple law of physics- almost everyone has a different mass.

However some guns are less troubled by recoil impulse than others while some guns are very sensitive to it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Ive been considering "upgrading" from my gen2 19 but I just may keep it.
    IMO, you've already got the pinnacle of what a striker-fired polymer pistol should be, in your Gen2 G19... (I have never experienced any issues w/ either of mine, despite the "outdated" 90 degree breech face cut and extractor).

I don't like the finger grooves, and have no need for the tac rail on my carry gun...

The Gen2 G19's are getting harder to find.

Regards,

Bones

(Montgomery County)

GlockTalk forum has pages and pages of Gen 4's with issues and Glock is replacing recoil springs with new ones. The issues are real, its way too many people to be just limp wristing or a coincidence.

With that being said, I just placed an order for a Gen 3 G19 from BudsGunShop.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ckk09 View Post
    GlockTalk forum has pages and pages of Gen 4's with issues and Glock is replacing recoil springs with new ones. The issues are real, its way too many people to be just limp wristing or a coincidence.

With that being said, I just placed an order for a Gen 3 G19 from BudsGunShop.
    There have also been issues with some of the newer Gen 3's as well, I beleive 2010 and later manufacture. This is due to an extractor or ejector change, it maybe both can't remember.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast