Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Why Gun Sales Spiked on Black Friday

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...n-black-friday

According to the FBI, which processes requests for background checks of prospective gun buyers, 129,166 such checks were performed on Black Friday, Nov. 25, breaking the previous single-day record -- set on Black Friday 2008 -- by nearly a third. The surge in gun sales was initially reported by USA Today.
    Excellent article.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Why Gun Sales Spiked on Black Friday

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Ahh, I'm happy a normal news source came up with that, as I saw something about it, but the article was from PressTV (LULZ). So I had to wonder if the info was real or exaggerated, etc.

(Cambria County)

Don't forget to vote on the bottom of the article.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Don't forget to vote on the bottom of the article.
    It leaves out Hannukah though.

kind of a loaded question, buying a gun for someone else can considered a straw purchase, and what does "peace" have to do with having a gun? I feel more "peaceful" when I am carrying, Nobodies going to get that Christmas bonus money
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    kind of a loaded question, buying a gun for someone else can considered a straw purchase, and what does "peace" have to do with having a gun? I feel more "peaceful" when I am carrying, Nobodies going to get that Christmas bonus money
    Not if it's intended as a gift. Purchasing a firearm with the intent to give it to someone is not illegal.

Purchasing it FOR them or on their behalf is. Either way... you gotta go through an FFL twice anyways (unless family exception)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Well perhaps it's within the family/spouse transfer exception (or long guns between two PA residents). That said guns as gifts are kind of the odd, then again there may be an exception in the law I'm not aware of off hand.

The peace thing has to do with the birth of the savior, peace and good will to all men, the fact that the three wisemen never left and ammo.

That said getting someone a hunting weapon or a kid a .22 rifle seems like a perfectly valid Christmas gift. Perhaps handguns just seem odd.

Hey if anyone wants to buy me a factory Beretta 9mm mag for Hanukkah or Chrismikah I'm not complaining!

(Allegheny County)

Another factor that might be influence BF sales

Some firearm friendly states actual have enacted into law state TAX FREE sales day over thanksgiving weekend that also might influence those numbers in article.

Many of you might not be aware

In PA we have a proposed bill to also do this as well,

Rep Stevenson’s has HB 315 “Right to Keep and Bear Arms Sales Tax Holiday Weekend” with currently 61 sponsors is sitting in finance committee much like it was last session and died with no action taken..

read here

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&type=B&bn=315

STEVENSON, BAKER, BARRAR, BEAR, BENNINGHOFF, BOBACK, BOYD, BROOKS, CAUSER, CONKLIN, D. COSTA, CREIGHTON, CUTLER, DeWEESE, ELLIS, EVERETT, FLECK, GABLER, GEIST, GEORGE, GIBBONS, GILLESPIE, GINGRICH, GROVE, HARHAI, HARHART, HARRIS, HESS, HORNAMAN, HUTCHINSON, KAUFFMAN, KOTIK, KRIEGER, KULA, LONGIETTI, MAJOR, MARSHALL, MARSICO, METCALFE, METZGAR, MILLARD, OBERLANDER, PAYNE, PEIFER, PETRARCA, PYLE, RAPP, READSHAW, REESE, REICHLEY, ROCK, SONNEY, TALLMAN, VULAKOVICH, WHITE, GILLEN, SACCONE, DENLINGER and CHRISTIANA
    Unfortunately HB 315 will probably suffer the same fate of in action due to gun owners in differance of bothering to contact the Reps to ask them to move this out of committee

every few bucks in saving helps out with an acquisition of new firearm
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

MSNBC is a tainted source for news, like the Lefty NYT, but with more brain damage.

That being said, sales of guns have been on the rise, and I suspect that the type of guns DOES reflect the interests and concerns of the buyers. People bought a lot of AR-15's and AK's when Obama came in, and part of that would have to be remembering the pre-1994 opportunities that disappeared for the 10 years of the AWB. People remembered $8 mags that became $30 mags, $900 rifles that became $1500 rifles. A lot of investment happened when Obama was elected.

I'd expect that people also buy AR-15's if they think that the chance of widespread anarchy is increasing. The "Occupier" movement, and the inability of the police (and mayors) to effectively deal with them, has to have worried a lot of people. If the govt refuses to deal with violent mobs, and the cops are not permitted to handle them, then the question "what would I do if 500 angry slackers with gasoline and matches congregated in my neighborhood?" occurs to many citizens.

Handguns aren't bought primarily for investment or for urban riot control. Handguns are purchased because people feel personally unsafe, and they want something to keep in the car or next to the bed, without really acting as though times are turbulent. You can walk around with a handgun in your pocket or purse or briefcase and still pretend that we live in a civilized society, but if you load up your AR and sling it when you go shopping, you have pretty much embraced the anarchy.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gfanikf View Post
    It leaves out Hannukah though.
    Perhaps JPFO will have something special for Hannukah?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast