Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 1911's Colt Combat Elite

I've been poking around recently, looking for a deal on a reputable 1911 shooter to add to my mostly polymer handgun collection. I don't really feel like being selfish and dropping $800+ bones for myself so close to Christmas. (My excuse for now for not feeling like spending $800+) I've seen a few brazilian marked Springfield 1911-A1's in the ~$600 range I was tempted with.

Now though, I'm trying to estimate the value on a Colt Combat Elite. The ones in question are Century Arms International import marked, which makes me question. I've tried googling around a bit regarding the import Colt Combat Elite's, but haven't come up with much. Not that theres anything wrong with them, but I'm not quite looking for a Para, Taurus, Rock Island Armory, EAA and the such. I know it sounds ignorant, but if I have too I'd rather spend money on something like a Kimber, or Springfield Loaded 1911.

Anyone know the story behind the C.A.I. Georgia marked Colt Combat Elites? I can assume they won't value up to the 1911's that managed to stay in America (and not leave, only to be imported back). If one could find one for under $600, would it be worth it?
    Last edited by Dogpupkus; December 6th, 2011 at 01:53 AM.