Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 302 problem

(Westmoreland County)

Default 302 problem

Here is my situation. I went to buy a new gun for hunting season and was rejected. I filed the challenge letter and found out I'm on record for being 302ed. I had a situation were the PSP took me to mental health in 2002. The next morning there was a hearing with the Judge, officers and my lawyer. The Judges decision was to throw out the case because the two officers could not agree on what happen when they 302ed me. (They could not agree on why they 302ed me) My question is: Should this be on my record and if it is, what are my options for getting this removed so I can hunt again. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

(Berks County)

Default Re: 302 problem

It will depend on the records. You can be 302'ed based on the signature of a doctor. You need to contact an attorney who is familiar with PA's Mental Health and Procedures Act. Very often, the hospitals violate the statutory requirements, entitling the individual to expungement of those records.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Westmoreland County)

Does the hospital report the 302 to the PSP Firearms devision or was it the Officers from PSP.

(Berks County)

There is a separate agency that is responsible for informing the PSP of a 302'ing
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com