Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Another sneeky move by Reid: GOA Alert

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    Her nomination was filibustered!!
    All according to plan.

Basically, Obama and his cronies are going to throw every single thing they know the GOP will oppose out there in the next 9 months to shift the message from "We're complete failures and demonstrated why Liberalism is a disgrace" to "It's all the GOP's fault!" That's what the millionaire surtax for the payroll tax deduction was about, too.

What we're witnessing is the single biggest blame-shift in history.

This is not about public policy. It's about getting Obama reelected despite three years of complete, total failure on every single front.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you.

Defeated 54-45 votes....done deal.
    The answer to a fool is silence.

Joe Manchin is supposed to be pro 2A and voted for this ******!!!!

I hope people remember how most dems think. What Obama wants he gets regardless of what hte people want. I am sure they will use this as an excuse to do away with the fillibuster or try to. IF not for the fillibuster illegal invaders would have gotten amensty with the dream act or more.

(Bucks County)

from Pat Toomey:

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting me about Caitlin Halligan, a nominee for the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. I appreciate hearing from you.

I believe that the Senate's constitutional role in providing advice and consent for federal judicial appointments is important, and such nominees deserve careful and thorough consideration. I take this responsibility seriously and have supported - and will continue to support - well qualified nominees selected by the President. It is essential that the confirmation process not always be about politics, but rather about getting excellent judges to serve on the federal bench.

I also value your input and understand your views on Caitlin Halligan. After much consideration, I believe that Ms. Halligan is not qualified to serve on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Her record unfortunately reflects an ideological deviation from legal precedent and established constitutional principles. In light of the number of cases involving national security and federal regulations that are heard by the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, it is particularly important that we pay attention to a candidate's judicial temperament and commitment to serving as an arbiter of the law. For these reasons, I voted against cloture on Ms. Halligan's nomination on December 6, 2011. The cloture motion for her nomination failed by a vote of 54-45.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me about this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,
    Pat Toomey
    U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania
    (bolded for emphasis)
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12